The Day After

February 14, 2007

Journal, Lauren

Actually, I’m writing this the evening of.  Valentine’s Day itself went rather smoothly – cards were passed out without a hitch, activities played, snacks consumed.  The afternoon was a bit hectic, and I pray for their parents tonight, but as for me and my house – Lloyd is napping on the couch and I am snug and warm with a belly full of chili – and have also sampled all the chocolates in the house. (No good ones – am I cursed or something?)

Only fruity things and coconuts. Not a carmel in the bunch.  Blech.

10 Responses to “The Day After”

Those chocolates look suspiciously like “Farley’s” brand. That’s the brand they sell in all the drug stores around here. I’ve increasingly become a chocolate snob. If it’s cheap-o chocolate, it’s not worth eating.

2. Lauren Said on:

I must be the weirdest person alive, because I’m not crazy about chocolate. It’s ok, but I don’t like eating too much of it. While eating these, I spit out most of the bites because the fillings were fruit or coconut. Blech.

• Beth Said on:

You’re only weird if I’m weird. I don’t go nuts for chocolate either. I mean, really I can take it or leave it… A piece of pizza however, I can almost never pass up.

Do you have any real chocolate stores in Seward?
    You know like just a candy store where they make the candy right there? If not … that’s why you don’t like choc.
    If you do & you have experienced good choc. then consider yourselves blessed for having one less temptation in life!

• Beth Said on:

There aren’t any in Seward, but there are a few in Lincoln…and so, yes, I’ve had real chocolate…consider me blessed :D!

4. Michele (Brad's friend) Said on:

Since I too have no love of chocolate (except for an occasional Almond Joy) I wasn’t looking at the heart of chocolates in the picture. I was admiring what appears to be an old trunk upon which the chocolates are sitting. Is it an antique? Or am I just seeing an instrument case of some sort?

• Beth Said on:

Wow -- three of us who aren’t chocolate lovers, all connected to Brad…maybe his rings really do have super powers…
      (And, my occasional chocolate is ALWAYS a Mounds :D!)

5. Michele (Brad's friend) Said on:

Mounds are even better! I usually eat around the almond anyway! It just seems that Almond Joys are more popular when I raid the Halloween candy.
    So, let’s make a date to share a bag of Mounds when you are in town! 😉 Do you wash them down with milk?

6. Lauren Said on:

Blech!! How can I be friends with coconut eaters? Don’t you people know where coconut COMES from?

7. Michele (Brad's friend) Said on:

I believe African swallows carry them in their teeth and drop them here in America!