A River of Darkness

April 3, 2007

Gadget, Lauren

(Dang it, I did it again.  Happy YesterTuesbirthdays to Stephannie and Jacob!)

Serpentine goodness

It’s here!  It’s here!  I ordered a brownie pan from Bakers Edge that makes all sides and corners!!!!  I’ve had brownie mix on standby for days, and today the pan finally arrived!!  I know this news won’t excite all you ‘gooey middles’ people, but I love the edges of brownies.   So tough and chewy…mmm….   Unfortunately I was too anxious to get this batch out of the oven, so they turned out a little softer than I would have liked.  (I wanted crunchy!)

They have other recipes, too.  Lloyd’s most excited about doing lasagna (layers stay stacked), and I’m curious to try to roast something – you put the veggies in the bottom and put the roast on the top.  Crazy!

Dry run - get it?  'Dry?' noodles?  never mind.

12 Responses to “A River of Darkness”

Ewww… Brownie edge pieces.
    The other things sound intriguing. How would you get the noodles around the bend? Interesting. And you could make a snake-shaped birthday cake in a snap!

2. Brad's former friend, Lauren Said on:

Mmm…snake cake! I bet you could fit a good-sized rattler in there. Or at least a corn snake.

I’m sorry Lauren, I have to second the ewww on edge pieces, unless of course it’s a raw edge.

And I hope your new super cool pan doesn’t end up in the basement like so many of my kitchen gadgets. If you get tired of baking in it,it looks like it would make a nice utensil tray or junk drawer organizer.

You’re welcome to come eat the edges of our brownies any day…Harold only eats them so I can get to the gooey middle pieces without making a wreck of the whole pan…he’s so good to me :)!

5. Lauren Said on:

Update: I was looking up reviews of the pan, and it turns out that I’ll have to overbake the whole thing to get the crispy edges that I like! The reason other brownies have them is because they need a longer time for the middle to get done, so the outside overcooks.(Mmmmm…. overcooks…..) Anyway, my brownies will always bake evenly!! For you gooey lovers, apparently I can just cook them for less time and have a whole pan of gooey!

• Karla Said on:

OMG!!! That is the coolest looking pan I have ever seen in my whole life! And knowing you have have pans of goo and pans of crisp makes it even better (I’m an equal opportunity brownie eater)! It’s going on my Christmas list. Well, maybe it should be on my birthday list because that’s coming up sooner.

6. Lauren Said on: