Heit's Point... The Movie

Heit’s Point… The Movie

July 11, 2007

Journal, Lloyd, Videos

I didn’t know I was going to do this until Lauren found the song on iTunes. After that I had no choice. Sorry about the pictures. We only had the ones that Brad, Lauren and I shot, and they were never intended to fill up 3 minutes and 28 seconds of time. If I was really going to do this I would have asked Brad and Lauren to take 2 million pictures… Oh well.

Lauren here – I’m hiding it behind this little link.  I suspect it may take a while for dial-up people to download.  Consider yourselves warned.

[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jMvYAHt8Hw 520 433]

Since I teach Video Editing to our high school students, I feel obligated to grade this. I give it a “B-“.

, ,

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

12 Responses to “Heit’s Point… The Movie”

1. Lauren Said on:

The song is the traditional ‘before the potluck’ song. It’s not our actual voices, though…. or is it?

2. Julie Baker Said on:

Bravo….excelent I give you and A because it made me tear up!!! Thanks

One of the projects that my students can do in Video Editing is a “graduation present” for their parents where they put together photos and footage from their life (along with text and audio and voice-overs) and give it to their folks.

The goal for the project is always to make their parents cry.

3. Aunt Lolly Said on:

How wonderful! Thank you, and I love you.

Just as I imagined it would be :D!

How wonderful!!! I give this movie 4 stars!!

(if I stuff my shirt with socks, do you think I could crash the next reunion unnoticed?)

Now that it’s summer, how about more movies? Pick any topic … Tim, the 4th, trips to Lincoln ???

That’s a good idea. I think Brad should make a movie of his Summer adventures in Seward. I think he has enough photos.

He needs to learn that sort of thing anyway (there, now I’ve guaranteed that he won’t do it).

I know what the soundtrack of my movie would be: It would be the “Color Song” to the tune of “Bonanza”!

dun, dun, dun, dun,
    dun ,dun ,dun, dun, dun, dun, dun,
    dun, dun, RED…!

dun, dun, dun, dun,
    dun ,dun ,dun, dun, dun, dun, dun,
    dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, ORANGE!

dun, dun, dun etc … isn’t that Bonanza? Make the movie.

What the heck is the Color Song?

The Color Song is an orginal song written by Lloyd, Brad and myself, using music written by the good people at Bonanza. It’s really good for any situation, really. Try it -- Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, SUP-PER! Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, LUNCH!

or:
      Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, PEN-CILS! Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, PENS!

I think it’s really going to catch on. Especially in Europe.

8. Lloyd's Mom Said on:

I loved it. You were right it took a long time to load. I forgot it and came back later.

I didn’t know if you would be able to see it at all, so I mailed you a DVD with it on it. It would get there sooner, but you know how lazy those postal workers are.