Good-bye, summer

Good-bye, summer

July 17, 2007

Videos, Worst day ever

Well, Brad is gone.  All the carefree fun of summertime took off on that plane with him.  Now comes the hectic beginning of the school year, complete with unfinished projects, home visits, and daily panic.  It’s the worst time of the year.

Last year when Brad left I made a version of Goodnight Moon to document the sorrow.  Maybe I’ll post that tomorrow when I figure out how to use the scanner, but this year we made a movie.  It will only be meaningful if you’ve followed our websites during his visits.  I hope it will bring every single viewer to tears!!  Fetch your Kleenex boxes, folks.  Who am I kidding?  This is only meaningful to me.

‘Bye, Brad.

18 Responses to “Good-bye, summer”

How sad! Now I miss Brad and I haven’t seen him in years! 🙁

You make me miss myself! hehehe…

Nice job with the movie. What grade did Lloyd give it?

This is nearly worthy of Oscar nomination for a not-quite-professional documentary. Some observations… 1) Lloyd looks so forlorn… 2) Cricket makes a gallant attempt to stand in for Brad. 3) Did Brad use that whole bar of soap?

Nah, he still had about a half a bar left, but I thought it would be more poignant if it was gone. “Ain’t no sudsing when he’s gone….. It’s not clean when he’s away….”

I forgot to add the rest of Point #1: Lloyd looks so forlorn … without Brad at his side. A thousand pardons, Your Majesty.

5. Vincent Sommerer Said on:

we have dial up internet it stinks

6. Vincent Said on:

brad sure took alot of stuff with him

He didn’t start out taking that much. It started out with him walking around the house saying, “All I need is this lamp.” It just sort of grew from there, the jerk.

7. Michele Said on:

I almost feel guilty welcoming him back!

Vincent’s first comment! Is his T-shirt in the mail, or did I take all of them when I left?

Excellent! Although way to sad, I think it may cause your readers to start drinking, heavily … don’t you know any happy tunes? I love the garden sequence … I’ll just keep watching that part!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. LloydAndLauren.com » Remember the kitten? - September 11, 2007

[…]  Remember the horrible, horrible day back in July?  Then the next day I had to take the stray kitten to the vet.  Well, when that little guy bit me, it was like getting my finger caught in a tiny, tiny bear trap.   I knew it had punctured the nail, and I knew it was going to be bad growing out, but I certainly didn’t think that it would take this long.  I have new nail coming in, but the ruined part is dangerously close to the tip.  This is bad, because I am a nail fiddler.  (It sounds much nicer than ‘a person who rips at the skin on my fingers when I’m nervous/angry/irritated/bored’.)  I’ve been cutting all of my nails impossibly short to break this habit, because I have no idea if the bad nail is going to become detached from my finger.  The horrors!  (The middle finger got it, too, but it’s not as bad.) […]