Ties and fun

November 30, 2007

Journal, Lauren, Lloyd, School

First of all, safe and happy travels to Deanne and family! I hope you have a grand time in Thailand. Fortunately for us, we have our own Thailand in Lloyd’s closet.

har har har

In other news, Lloyd had his party last night. Middle School Fun Night! I stopped in at the beginning and it looked like everyone was having a great time. I wish I had a video camera when one young lady was screaming breathlessly, “Theyhaveguitarhero anddancedancerevolution andIcan’tbelieveheWON!!!!!” She wasn’t screaming at me, of course, just near me. They were all so cute. It’s a pretty good setup – a dance, dodge ball, the aforementioned Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero (played while projected onto the giant projector screens), board games, a ‘tattoo’ parlor (face painting), a photo booth, and pizza and snacks. I wish Lloyd had been my middle school teacher. You let me down, Miss Hansen. You let me down.

This is the only non-blurry shot I got. Lloyd and his minions are setting up for the dance. I sure hope that spotlight was there to enhance the musical fun, not to point out particularly bad dancers.

maybe it's a robot.       a DANCING robot.

Note from Lloyd: here are some pictures from the Fun Night® photo booth, and if you want to have your own middle school fun night, here are the 20 pages of instructions.

19 Responses to “Ties and fun”

Lloyd has his own closet? Not fair. And I’m not even going to show my two middle-schoolers that fun night or they’ll be asking to move to Nebraska!

NOT FAIR!

If it’s any consolation, my closet is not actually in our bedroom. In fact, it’s not in any bedroom. It’s just this random little space that someone carved out of the attic. I had to kick out a bum before I could start using it as a closet.

Holy guacamole! That looks like a lot of work.
    I like the dance ettiquette materials.

• Michele Said on:

I agree -- LOTS of work, but totally awesome idea.
      I too like the dance ettiquette materials PLUS I just got to practice spelling the word ettiquette! That’s a fun word -- ettiquette, ettiquette, ettiquette. 🙂 OK, now it looks wierd.

For the last few years, Fun Night has been getting harder and harder to put together. I only recently realized that I am the ultimate middle school teacher at Lincoln Lutheran since we started having fun nights (Beth is the penultimate). So I would spend a lot of time alternatingly telling people what to do and wondering why they couldn’t see these things for themselves. This year I wrote everything down.

• Stephannie Said on:

I personally like the actual photos of couples dancing who apparently actually did follow the appropriate dance etiquette! Too cute…

Deanne’s going to Thailand?

• Deanne Said on:

Yep, we’re in Dulles airport right now waiting for our 12 hour flight to Tokyo, then another 6 to Bangkok. We have a good friend who is getting married and then we’re meeting up with Leo’s sis whose husband is stationed in Korea. Then we’re going to Tokyo for Leo to do his scientist thing (and us to visit Disney!!). Gonna be cool…

There’s no instructions for Dance Dance Revoluiton or Guitar Hero. What are we to do?

Hehe … your our Thailand!

Lloyd you are the man! Why don’t you plan a Fun Night for adults? We’ll all come! But we’ll want to see the Ettiquette Rules first.

Enjoy your trip Deanne!

7. Deborah Said on:

Thailand. Tie Land. I get it.

8. Lauren's dad Said on:

Two blue objects. Is one of those two supposed to be the robot?