Shout out to my man Ron

January 9, 2008

Lloyd

It was a great day today. Not only did my box of goodies from Dr. Paul finally arrive, but I also went to a Ron Paul meetup. There were about 16 people there. It was mostly preaching to the choir, but it was an interesting mix of people. There were quite a few young people who were never interested in politics before. There were a few old school libertarians who mostly agreed with Ron Paul. And some very well informed die hard republicans. The only group not well represented were the crackpots. Some time was spent discussing how not to appear crackpotish to our fellow Nebraskans.

I needed enough buttons to complement all possible tie choices.

I was amazed at how organized things were. Lots of talk about upcoming things to do and timing things to be as effective as possible. There were people well versed in election law who knew what you could do, where you could do it and when. I got the impression that I was only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

I also have 25 yard signs coming. I already have one reserved for Beth and Brent and a few people at school. Let me know if you want one.

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

12 Responses to “Shout out to my man Ron”

Yay Ron Paul!

2. Lauren Said on:

I can’t wait until the signs come. We’ll be sneaking into unsuspecting people’s yards and converting them to Paulites. What a post that will be!

Lloyd, this guy needs more press … what can you do about that?

I’ll take a sign ….

4. Rev. Todd Peperkorn Said on:

Ok, I’ll bite. What’s the attraction? I don’t get it.

• Annette Said on:

Thanks for “opening the door.” I have the same question about Hillary!

Well, first and foremost, he’s just cute as a button. He has 17 grandchildren and 1 great-grand child and I’ve been without a grandfather myself for quite a few years. He’s also a Doctor, and doctors are smart, right? I mean, We have several doctors in our family and they are all smart, so it serves to reason that all doctors are smart.

But apart from those obviously good qualities, he’s also the only Republican who has a record of voting for smaller, less intrusive government.

• Beth Said on:

And, his name is Ron. I know some really good people named Ron.

I am always glad to hear that people are tuning into politics who hadn’t tuned in before. All races are important, from your school board to your mayor and beyond. Remember that future Congressmen start out in “lowly” local politics, so fill ’em up with good folks and we’ll find ourselves in a revolution!

6. Cousin Sam Said on:

Better check CNN. I think the Ron Paul ship just sank…