Dang it, Peggy.

Dang it, Peggy.

January 10, 2008

Journal, Lauren, Videos

So, I have a minor problem with being short-term-obsessive about certain things – ukuleles, bread, cheap sources of heat. Eventually I calm down, but it takes a while. Right now the obsession is with making movies. After the last movie, Peggy’s comment was this:

Again, another great video!! I too think you’ve missed your real calling. And although normal stinks, I think if you set normal to the right music, normal would rock. Give it a try will ya?

Not that I think my movies are so great, but as soon as I read that I knew just the song.

It’s called “Ordinary Day” by Great Big Sea. The following is a Lauren’s-eye view of a day, complete with grungy sinks, blurry photos, and an unfortunate cat montage. It’s going to be three and a half minutes of your life, so click carefully.

[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsr-an9FYMA 520 433]

I love my iMac, Lloyd!

16 Responses to “Dang it, Peggy.”

Bravo, bravo! That’s wonderful, Lauren! Good job! I love every second of it! 🙂

Ha! Very enlightening. But where’s the part where you sit in the corner, rocking and crying uncontrollably?

3. Michele Said on:

LOVE IT!! Especially the sink -- keep those tiny hands clean!
    Peggy is right -- this is definitely your money-making talent … without the money!

4. Jill Said on:

Great job! My 2yo loved the song. I ended up playing the video 4 times because as soon as the song was over, she’d say, “again, again!” Thanks for helping us rock out this morning. Oh, and the handwashing was hilarious. Your day seems strangely like my day. Without the cats.

Ehhhhxcellent! What a fun life you have! That was truly awesome! I will watch it over & over & over ….. (should you make a movie of me watching your movie all day next?)

If I set my day to music, I think I’d choose the following song:

In fact, basically that is what I do all day … so just consider it a day in the life of me.

6. Deborah Said on:

I and my girls loved it! Bethany especially loved all the cat shots! Surprise, surprise!

The 2nd watch is even better … this is one of those movies where each time you watch, you’ll see something new!

(How do you get your towels to fold themselves? Are you a Jeannie?)

8. Lloyd Said on:

How come it looks like all I do is sit in front of the computer?

Do one for me! Do one for me!!

10. Mark Said on:

I LOVE YOU, SIS!!! Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful way to be in your life.

(Now I want an iMac.)

Another stroke of genius by Lauren. How would Lloyd’s normal look?