Oh boy! A book!

February 12, 2008

Lloyd

I’ve been wanting to show you this for months, but I could never remember to bring it home from school. This year was my parent’s 40th wedding anniversary, and we took a bunch of old family photos from home and put together a little slide show about them that we showed at the Sommerer Family Reunion®. I kept the pictures and scanned them into Lauren’s new computer at a higher resolution, arranged them in iPhoto, emailed them to Apple, and, two weeks later, they sent me back 5 hard back books.

Go ahead, judge it by the cover.

I gave one to my folks and one to Aaron, Andrew and Christina (and one for me). I think Aaron and Andrew would have rather had something more fun, but I figured I should make one for everyone. This is the second one I’ve made. The first one was of our rip up to NYC with Brad to see The Gates in Central Park. a few years ago. These new ones are much nicer. The first one only had pictures on one side of the page. The new ones have pictures on both sides.

One of these pictures is my dad stripping.

There are a lot of options for different themes and you can add captions. But I didn’t add any. There were about 170 pictures all together. You can see them here.

left: new house. right: garndma's house

we are family

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

12 Responses to “Oh boy! A book!”

1. Lauren's dad Said on:

Good idea! Great gift! Terrific job!

2. Lloyd's Mom Said on:

Dad has enjoyed showing it off! We really enjoy it!

Great job, Lloyd! It’s beautiful… *sniff

Heh. I like the title.

You should offer these for sale from your website.

I was going to do that, but Lauren pointed out that it would lower the value of the only known 5 in existence if there were more on the market.

I really didn’t know what to do for the title. Go ahead, try to come up with one…

• Brad Said on:

I meant that I like the title of your post. It reminds me of “A Christmas Story”. The little brother keeps saying “O boy!” as he opens his Christmas presents. I heard his voice say, “O boy! A book!”

I was actually thinking of a comedian who talks about how he hates to get books, because reading is too much like work. “Here’s a present. Mow my lawn”.

That is awesome!! What a nice son!

Can you show us the 1st book too?

I really like the picture of garndma’s house.
    BTW: we have a ziama in our family.

6. Rae Said on:

Way Cool! If I email you all our pictures from our summer vacation (including our fun stay with you) will you make me a book? (Sam will pay you…) 🙂

You went to see The Gates?? Cool! I read about it, but I didn’t make it up to see them…

8. Anita Pointer Said on:

Could you make a iMovie out of this to our hit single, “We are Family?” It would make a delightful sequel to the book.