Environmentally Re$pon$ible

February 13, 2008

Journal, Lauren

We don’t go through tons and tons of batteries around here, but the remotes, the exercise bike my keyboard and mouse use them. Every time I have to change the batteries I always think, “We should really get rechargeables.” I went on the Sears website and they had a charger that could fit all sizes of batteries. When I went to an actual Sears stores, however, they didn’t carry it. *sigh*

Well, Wal-Mart eventually came through for me. I picked this one up for the very reasonable price of about 20-25 dollars. And the 8-pack of AA batteries rang it at about 12 bucks. Tonight I bought a couple 2-packs of D’s for…. 12 bucks each!!! Good grief!!! Being environmentally friendly is going to break the bank! They’d better last forever.

Happy Valentine’s Day, Earth. I really do love you.

insert 'charge' pun here

Oh, you too, Lloyd.

11 Responses to “Environmentally Re$pon$ible”

That’s a lot of money you spent. Did you charge it to your credit card? When you got home, did Lloyd charge you with being financially irresponsible?

HA! I crack myself up!

I was hoping for an Easter egg in that one line acknowlegement to Lloyd…

I’m soooo relieved to hear that you didn’t buy that at Radio Shack! Whew! We just threw away our recharger that we bought there after about 4 years, too short in my opinion. We’re sticking with normal ones now, but if you have a good experience with your Wal Mart one (or if you can return it endlessly like Lloyd does with his pencil sharpeners), then maybe we’ll decide to love the earth too.

Because, you know, it’s an economic decision.

We got our at Best Buy when we found out that Anna loved being in her battery powered swing. I was still on maternity leave -- I told Arron that if he didn’t come home with a charger and batteries that night, don’t bother coming home. 😉 They more than paid for themselves.

5. Cousin Sam Said on:

How do you equate environmentally responible with Walmart?

6. Anita Pointer Said on:

Yes, but can you bake bread in it?