Technical Difficulties

February 26, 2008

Journal, Lauren

Sorry, folks, but no good post today. The website was down last night, and the webmaster was sick in bed. So here’s something to entertain us all: Tell us three things that you can see by your computer. I’ll start: a bowl of cereal, my purse, a pair of scissors. Tag, you’re it!
update:
Lloyd here. The 8th graders were on a field trip today, so I thought I’d upgrade to the most recent version of wordpress and see if that fixes the problem. Upgrading brought about an entirely new set of problems (maybe you noticed), but that seems to be behind us now. Unfortunately, I can’t remember what the original problem was, so I don’t know if it is fixed.

23 Responses to “Technical Difficulties”

A basket of paper that needs to be moved to where the new printer is, a Thrivent mug that is serving as a pen/cable holder (I don’t think the pens work that are in it, and a thing of cds that we haven’t listened to in forever. I’m reminded that I’m trying to simplify… looks like I need to work on that.

1. A binder full of info for the Ed Psych class I teach.
    2. Four matching cups and saucers in pastel colors with little white spoons (Tara was serving yesterday).
    3. An empty green tumbler with dried sticky pepsi drops inside.

1. My new Superman mug.
    2. A Valentine card envelope with energy gum in it that Michele gave me. (The gum works REALLY well)
    3. Sticky notes that tell me which kid skipped out on doing the daily drill on which dates.

4. Lloyd Said on:

1. four Tusken Raiders
    2. Dora, Diego and a monkey
    3. Super pawn

They conduct epic battle atop my monitor. Currently the Tusken Raiders seem to be ganging up on Super Pawn.

1. a rotten apple
    2. an apple muffin
    3. Yoda

6. Michele Said on:

1. A half-eaten box of sundried tomato & basil Wheat Thins -- it’s like eating pizza! Yummmmy!
    2. My almost empty cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee (extra cream, no sugar thank you!)
    3. A stack of blank demerit forms I have to fill out!

7. Todd Peperkorn Said on:

1. The Nov. 6, 2006 cover of SI with David Eckstein on it after the Cards won the World Series.
    2. An African violet.
    3. A box of kleenex with chess pieces on the outside.

8. Rae Said on:

I’ll play:
    1. Gumby and Pokey
    2. A turtle made of shells from the Virgin Islands looking up at a ceramic frog perched on my (#3)twisted bamboo plant. Which I am now just noticing has mealy bugs again. 🙁 Does anyone know how to get rid of these things permanently? I am good at a temporary fix, but have to keep doing it every month or so.

• Lloyd's Mom Said on:

Try putting some seven on them and then putting a plastic bag over and a rubber band around. I often do this for plants. Usually for mites. Leave it on for about 3-4 days.

• Brad Said on:

Hehe… when I read this comment in the sidebar, I thought it was in response to the computer post. Does bug killer work on Tusken Raiders?

1) My convalescing husband.
    2) A cat trying to keep a low profile from Anna.
    3) An ear thermometer.

10. Jill Said on:

1) All the remotes and phones in the house.
    2) A Propel water.
    3) An empty baby bottle.

11. Curt Said on:

1. Remotes
    2. Empty plate
    3. Toenail clipper

12. Deborah Said on:

Gallon of milk, loaf of bread, stick of butter.