Mark & Myrna

March 12, 2008

Gadget, Lauren

Gadget Boy was here last night, with more wonderful toys! My brother Mark works for the Seminary in St. Louis and was in Nebraska doing some visits and he got to stay the night. He showed us his super-cool Garmin, which has an MP3 player, a photo album, language translators, a GPS guidance system and a bottle opener. We took the required super gadget shot!

A very busy man!

I need one of those things so badly. I have trouble with east & west, and right and left, for that matter. Directions are hard. This things shows you in a little tiny car, and tells you when & where to turn in a sweet little voice. (Mark calls her Myrna.) Plus, the graphics kind of look like Guitar Hero! (Or Handbell Hero)

That’s us!  In the tiny car!

The best part of having company come is that it motivates my to get off my duff and clean the house. The guest room has been closed off since November, with experimental towels hanging over the windows and boxes and bags of stuff accumulating. It’s all better now, so I’m dying to do some sort of project in there!

Before:

Bleh

During:

Hey, it’s getting there.

After:

Woo-hoo!

Visit again, Mark, in about two or three months when that room’s a pit again, ok?

17 Responses to “Mark & Myrna”

Jack Nicholson’s voice: Where does he get those wonderful toys?

What a change!!! It looks wonderful! So… what project are you thinking of starting. Oh, and how is the kitchen coming?

The kitchen has stalled. I have to move the fridge to get to the rest of the wallpaper, and that’s not going to happen for quite some time!

Is that a little book you’ve left on the bed for your guests? Cool! Do you also leave chocolate on their pillows?

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the area…
    On the second picture where it shows Lloyd and Lauren’s house, OUR house is actually where the 5TH of N 5TH ST is written. Cool, huh?

5. Deborah Said on:

I have always loved your guest room. It’s like a second home to me.

6. Brady G. Said on:

I’ve met the back of that head before. Ask Brad how. It’s a long complicated story.

Oh… I thought maybe Myrna Boll had come to visit you too. Or is she jammed in that little GPS?

• Deanne Said on:

Myrna Boll! Have you been in touch with her? She had both feet on the ground; bet she’s a cool adult.

• Karla Said on:

We exchange Christmas cards, but other than that, we don’t. But we should. I think I’ll shock her and send her an email… Oh, this’ll be fun!!

Not only does he get a big Hershey’s kiss, but a box of Whoppers, too?

9. Meredith Said on:

Haha, I’m the same way. I have to plan a party at our home to get motivated!