Happy Spring!

March 21, 2008

Journal, Lauren

Lloyd the Awesome has had a tradition of giving me flowers on the first day of Spring since before we were dating. Today was no exception. Yes, I know what you’re thinking – “Wasn’t Thursday the first day of Spring?” Yes, but Technical Boy maintains that the following day is the first full day of Spring. So thanks, Lloyd! Cricket likes them, too.

Yes, I keep our flowers on the floor.

8 Responses to “Happy Spring!”

I think that’s what the Druids did each spring before they sacrificed someone: they gave them flowers on the Vernal Equinox, then they cut their heart out. Watch your back.

2. Deborah Said on:

He gave you flowers BEFORE you were dating? That’s a little creepy.

• Kristi Said on:

And this comment comes from someone whose husband says “I don’t need someone telling me to buy a card or flowers for my wife on Valentine’s Day. I’ll get her flowers when I want to get her flowers.”

That is the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard, eh, seen! Way to go Lloyd!

I think this boy deserves some nice, homemade marshmallows!

4. Michele Said on:

I agree with Lloyd about the first FULL day of each season. Those partial days don’t count.
    Randy gave me a beautiful pot of yellow tulips for the first FULL day of spring -- they’re huge. He felt sorry for me since the ones in my yard aren’t anywhere near blooming yet and I was whining about it.

That’s so sweet, Lloyd! Arron stopped getting me flowers because the only safe place for them was on top of the refrigerator. Any place else and Jack would find them, eat them, then barf all over. Bleck!

Where are the flowers for 2009? We have not yet seen them.