Oops.

March 27, 2008

Cooking, Lauren

I had a brief fling with fame when the tiny pies were listed on notmartha.org. She’s living the life I wish I were – supplying people with links to coolness. Anyway, I had it in my head to make another batch of pies and streamline the process of putting the dough in the jar. (I’ve got it figured out, but that’s another post.) Yeah, I knew bread flour would not be good for pie crust (makes it stretchy and tough), and thought I was using all-purpose. I was not. Blech.

I now have an additional flour container. This one is labeled.

It looksl like it’s out in space, huh?

Yes, that’s my handwriting. It’s like a mental patient’s, huh?

11 Responses to “Oops.”

1. Kitt Said on:

You were linked to on Baking Bites yesterday, too.

Arron made chocolate chip cookies with bread flour instead of regular flour once. They looked really good, but tasted really weird. We still ate them. I couldn’t bring myself to throw out chocolate.

3. Brady G. Said on:

you spell purpose wrong.

made you look.

I’m surprised all your containers aren’t labelled after my banana bread fiasco. Perhaps you were hoping to trick me again?

5. Barbara & Sarah Said on:

Hi Lauren- it’s a blast from your past!!! Barbara Trujillo and Sarah Muller sitting here looking at your website! We were just commenting that we hope you are coming to the 20 year reunion!!

Holy cats -- how are you girls? I saw your bios on the reunion site! Currently I’m planning on coming to the reunion, but my memory has deteriorated so badly, I’m afraid I’ll forget everyone’s name. Will you help me?

• Barbara & Sarah Said on:

We were just discussing how we couldn’t recognize a lot of the people in the pictures from the 10 year reunion-mostly the guys!! Was hoping for your memory…. :)

6. Kathi D Said on:

Your printing looks a lot like mine. Mine always slants down to the right, too.

Read my tragic story concerning Failure to Label Kitchen Containers: