Don’t eat them right away.

April 8, 2008

Cooking, Lauren

So, it’s time for me to go to bed and it’s time to write something. Let me share with you some pictures from Sunday, after I had delivered the birthday cookies and had some left over. I now know that if you make homemade ice-cream sandwiches, you should not try to eat them right away in the car on the way to Lincoln. You will get ice cream all over your clothes and say some bad things.

Instead, wrap them in plastic wrap and let them sit in the freezer for a couple of days. The ice cream will firm up, the cookies will soften, and they will comfort you right before you go to bed.

That’s right - not too much ice cream.

Along those lines, chocolate chip cookies make a good s’more, too. (Or so I’m told. I just made them around a campfire once at the Sommerer family reunion. I don’t eat marshmallows, so I wouldn’t know.)

13 Responses to “Don’t eat them right away.”

1. Mark Said on:

Ummm…wh0 i$ g0ing t0 rep!@ce my burned 0ut key4oard. It didn*t handle the dr00!

Dang, you weren’t supposed to see that yet. It’s for tomorrow. Go to sleep -- you didn’t see this….

(and thanks πŸ™‚ )

2. Annette Said on:

Don’t you always travel with a change of clothes for that exact reason?

Crack cookies AND ice cream? Now that really could live up to the “Just Say No” propaganda and kill you the first time you tried it.

Why eat them only before bed? I think they would do a wonderful job of comforting you before you go to work in the morning, before you eat your lunch, before you make dinner, before sitting down to watch tv… I think you get what I’m trying to say.

Those cookies are perfectly shaped. Are they mini-sandwiches? I’d like to see the quarter for scale, please.

I watched Lauren remove the ones that were not perfectly shaped before she sent them on to that poor college girl. Guess who gets to eat the rejects?

6. Meredith Said on:

Oh my word! Those look so tasty!!!

7. Lauren's dad Said on:

Lloyd, I, too, know the feeling of being treated as a second-rate cookie eater. Like mother………..?