Lesson Learned

April 12, 2008

Journal, Lauren

Hope the needy need a bow tie.

I like to throw stuff out and give things away. Back in March (on the 9th, to be exact), I loaded up this stuff to take to Goodwill. It was going to be a post, but I used something else.

Jump to today: We were going to Omaha for ukulele night, and decided to drop off his tuxedo at the dry cleaners in Lincoln so it’ll be clean for next Sunday’s concert. He got the coat, shirt and pants ready to go and asked, “Where’s my other stuff?” “What other stuff?” I replied. “The stuff in the suit bag.” “Isn’t that the suit bag on the floor in your closet?” “No, that’s the extra one.”

(See, unknown to me on March 9th was that the black thing in the bag by the door is not the extra suit bag that I bought with a ‘buy-one-get-one-free’ deal, but the actual bag that still contained Lloyd’s cummerbund, bow tie, cufflinks and button studs for his tuxedo.)

D’oh!! What followed next was a lot of apologizing on my part and inappropriate laughter, also on my part. Sure I felt bad, but what a great topic for a post, right?

We went to Goodwill and they actually still had the bag, the cummerbund and the bow tie, but no links or studs. (We bought some new ones at a tux store.) Sorry, Lloyd. I’ll try not to do it again.

That would be my look of chagrin.

9 Responses to “Lesson Learned”

I recognize that yellow mug in that one bag! I gave that to you guys for Presidents Day. And you gave it away?

Whew! Thank gooness you didn’t accidentally give away the pants & jacket too or that outfit would have long been sold. I hope you didn’t have to pay too much to redeem it.

It was a grand total of $4.27 for the thrift store stuff, and I went all out and spent $50 on new jewelry. Nothin’ too good for my man, eh?

Italian Dictionary”

gooness: goodness

4. Meredith Said on:

How funny! It’s great that you were able to get most of it back at least.

At first I thought of the time Arron threw out our suitcase keys and it was discovered right before we were travelling by plane. But then I thought, “Wait! Lloyd owns a tuxedo?!? When did he get so upper-crust?”

Oh, and I really like your melted snowman on the floor.

6. Curt Said on:

You know what, this serves you right. If you would live an unorganized, cluttered life and not through anything away, you wouldn’t have this problem.

(Now, where did I put that…….Crap, I can’t find anything around here.)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. LloydAndLauren.com » NU-Foam & me - October 28, 2008

[…] We have a few children at school who are not really nappers anymore, so they go to another room for a little 30-minute rest.  I’m trying to streamline their nap stuff so it takes up less space, and this is as far as I got with making little pillows.  The sewing machine is out, but I need fabric. Maybe I’ll go find Lloyd’s tuxedo…. […]