The Shelf Story

April 15, 2008

Home 'Improvement', Journal, Lauren

Deborah commented on our open-shelving system a few days ago, and for lack of better material, I’ll explain why.

The door to this cupboard wouldn’t close all the way, so I took it off.

At least the stuff inside is clean, right?

Dnag. I thought it would be a better story than that.

Sorry, folks. Tune in next time for more “Boring Ways That Lauren Has Devalued Their Home”! (The next story’s much better.)

20 Responses to “The Shelf Story”

What was almost done cooking in the microwave?

Will it be the story about the cat “door” in your basement door? That really is a good one :D!

3. Meredith Said on:

Haha, great story!

I love the way open shelving looks in others’ homes but I think my shelves would attack if I left them open like that! I’m a shove and run type of girl. 😀

Well, I can’t imagine that a (nice-looking, I must say) lack of a door is going to devalue your house more than the simple cost of the door. Were you to take away a bathroom, then you’d be looking at some value subtraction. But hey! You’re not selling anyway, so everything is ADDED value to you, because it’s your ease of use!

Did you take the door off your medicine cabinet? (Seinfeld) That eliminates the need for people to snoop. They can easily see what drugs you consume.

6. Michele Said on:

Peggy -- get Brad to post the picture of that awesome cabinet you saw in Italy. There’s a whole other world out there in cabinet design!

ROFLMAO! (That’s a new vocabulary word I just learned …)
    Seriously, I love your one sentence story. It cracked me up to see that’s all there was! HAHAHAHA!! Excellent!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. LloydAndLauren.com » Drat those doors. - August 5, 2008

[…] occasionally swiped them with a wet rag when I notice that they are turning brown?  I’ve got another one that refuses to close, and since the garbage is behind this one, I don’t think we can […]