Too much talkin’

April 22, 2008

Journal, Lauren

Mark’s here! The house is already clean! Hooray! We talked tonight and I’m too tired to write anything else. Ask Lloyd to explain the ride he gave from Lincoln to York to a drunk crazy man. (It’s his story, not mine.)

Oh, I will tell you of my new short-lived resolution. It’s so nice to have a clean house, I am resolving to clean for one song’s worth every day when I come home. Just one little song. We’ll see how that goes.

14 Responses to “Too much talkin’”

1. Brady G. Said on:

What if you happen to pick a long song? Or what if it is “The Song That Never Ends”

Well, someone has to ask:

Hey Lloyd, explain the ride you gave from Lincoln to York to a drunk crazy man.

Drunk crazy man? How could you tell?

I always clean while listening to music … there’s no other way! Thanks for the only one song idea though! That’s brilliant.

4. Lauren's dad Said on:

Say Hi to Mark for me. Thanks.

5. Annette Said on:

Mark was coming from York, drunk??? Wah???? Never mind Lloyd’s story, I’m sure I can come up with my own.

6. Lauren Said on:

Lloyd is gone to LEA, so I’ll tell a condensed version of the story. He went to Bad Movie Night in Lincoln, and when the guys were going back to their cars, a man asked for some money. Lloyd said, “What do you need money for?”

“To get to York, Nebraska,” said the man.

“I’ll take you to York,” said Lloyd, to the very surprised man.

So he drove this full-blooded Native American Vietnam-war veteran who was a little drunk and more than a little crazy to York. He heard some stories, tried to talk to him about Jesus, and has a story to tell.

1) Was Lloyd crazy? 2) Was Lloyd drunk?

• Beth Said on:

No on both accounts. He does stuff like this.
      You should hear about the truck full of hippies he invited to stay over night. The grateful hippies left their best crystals as a thank you.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Home again « Mark’s Blog - April 25, 2008

[…] the night with Lauren and Lloyd.  Lloyd, after his “bad movie night” with a friend, drove an intoxicated native American, Vietnam veteran from Lincoln to York before coming home.  Lauren fed me a great meal of lasagna while we laughed and talked until it was time for bed.  […]