Arrrrgggghhhh.

June 30, 2008

Journal, Lauren

Boooo water.  I hate water. There’s a saying – “Water always wins”. We’ve had our fair share of leaks, overflows, backups and out-n-out broken pipes before, and they make me crazy. This morning I woke up and there was water on the floor in the kitchen (warping the wood floor). Grrrr. The drainpipe had sprung a leak. We’ve had so much water trouble under that sink the cabinet floor is damaged. We should just replace the cabinet, drain, faucet, and sink. Hmmmm… maybe we should get new countertops – and a new dishwasher, too! Lloyd, you might just come home to a whole new kitchen! Yay for water!!

Water always wins.

Speaking of Lloyd, he’s having a grand old time! He sent a picture of the vendor area, which is gigantic. His comment was, “Can you find the school bus in this picture?” Holy cats.

It’s like ‘Where’s Waldo’, if Waldo were a bus.

17 Responses to “Arrrrgggghhhh.”

I love the squishy stuff they put under the floors of the booths. They put layers and layers of the stuff to try to protect people from the concrete underneath. But in this case, the concrete always wins. It’s very difficult to stand all day on concrete -- even concrete covered with squishy stuff -- and not have your feet hurt at the end.

When our dishwasher leaked, it warped 2 pieces of wood, and the insurance money they gave us to fix it was almost enough to refinish the whole upstairs. (And you wonder why your insurance costs so dnag much!)

Yay! I’ll help you get rid of the old stuff. I’ll wait until you’re not around and surprise you by ripping it all out, okay?

3. Christina Said on:

I found the bus -- which is amazing since I am almost legally blind!

PS -- if you would like to tear up a kitchen Brad, you are welcome to come to our house. Just make it look like a break in please!

Where’s that confounded school bus?

(is it a real school bus, or is that some sort of computer lingo for something else?)

• Beth Said on:

WARNING: ABOUT TO GIVE AWAY THE LOCATION OF THE BUS. DON’T WANT TO SPOIL ANYONE’S FUN!

There’s a yellow sign that says 4000 in the top left corner (the sign runs vertical, not horizontal). Just slightly down and to the right of that sign is a red (horizontal, but sort of like a can-of-cat-food-stuck-on-a-stick-shape) sign. Look right of the red sign. The school bus end is just to the right of the red sign and it runs horizontally. You can’t see its tires, just its top, windows and nose.

it’s a real school bus. I think they are giving their presentation inside. That way you can’t escape. It is also brand new. I have never seen a brand new schoolbus before.

5. Annette Said on:

I’m quite sure the school bus is underneath the kitchen sink, right next to the mixer. Isn’t that where everyone keeps those items?

6. Dana Said on:

maybe the school bus ran out of gas.. and no one can has enough money to fill it up. School buses get 7 miles/gallon -- yikes!

7. Lauren's dad Said on:

Today I heard that 35 percent of gas pumps in the nation are set to dispense from 10 to 20 percent less than a full gallon of gas. Ever wondered why your mileage fluctuates from time-to-time? Lauren, come up with a simple plan to double check the accuracy of the pumps from which I buy. School buses probably are filled at the bus barn and the mileage figure Dana uses is accurate.

Why can’t you get the cats to drink from the leak? Jack loves to drink from drippy faucets…