Vanity, Vanity, all is awesome Vanity.

July 9, 2008

Home 'Improvement', Lauren

Woo-hoo! Second big project down! (Not that I have any big projects in the future. I think I’m ready for the sitting around portion of vacation.)

Anyway, I single-handedly installed this vanity top!  Well…. maybe not single-handedly.  Lloyd was the instigator with his ‘just finish the entryway’ remark, and Annette was with me months ago when I  picked out the faucet (on sale, of course), and Brad was there for picking out the sink and being around for technical plumbing advice when I stubbornly insisted on doing it alone, and Beth saved the day when I realized I couldn’t use store-bought countertop – she suggested Dale Grimes, a local countertop-making genius.  So, I’d like to share this Beautiful Bathroom Award with all of them….. I’d like to, but I won’t.  I’m selfish that way.

Ugly, boring ‘before’:

The sink was ruined from a leaky faucet.

Much, much better ‘after’.

I feel so rich!

It even works – for real!

It’s the prettiest water I’ve ever seen.

Lloyd’s coming home today!  I hope he loves it!

30 Responses to “Vanity, Vanity, all is awesome Vanity.”

How could he not love it! That’s amazing. You have mad home improvement skilz, Lauren. Good work! 🙂

I’ve seen it…it’s just as beautiful as you might imagine…

It’s popularity here has grown with the increase in our hispa…oh, wait…that’s my comment on bradaptation…never mind.

IT’S AMAZING! You rock!!

Whoa! We don’t even fix leaky faucets, much less install a whole vanity! WOW!!

Yeah, it’s part of the ‘stitch in time’ thing. We had a leaky faucet in there for years, and the water is so hard it ate away at the porcelain. A 5-cent washer three years ago would have fixed this. (I’m glad I didn’t buy it.) 🙂

Hehe… all I did was say stuff like “Oh, it doesn’t matter if those pipes don’t fit exactly,” or “Just force those two pieces together real hard.” That’s the Brad Royuk school of plumbing.

5. Annette Said on:

Now you need new towels….hmmmm….

6. Michele Said on:

Cool faucet! Do the cats like the faucet? It looks like something my cat would like to play with as the water trickles out of it. Good job Lauren!

If that didn’t look so darn amazing, I’d be cussing at you right now. Projectaholic! I’m in total awe of you & your work!! Now sit down, take your shoes off, put your feet up & relax! You’ve more than earned it!

8. Lloyd Said on:

Hmmmm. That looks suspiciusly good. Are you sure it’s not photoshopped? I guess I’ll find out in a few hours. Speaking of which, does anyone know when my flight leaves St. Louis? I’ve been trying to call Lauren, but she must know it’s me calling.

9. Lisa E. Said on:

Wow! Looks great! I spent most of yesterday in Omaha, at Lowes, staring and pricing bathroom and kitchen faucets. I LOVE the one you chose-goes great with everything, and on sale to boot? I need to go shopping with you. I’ll give you a call when we get to building that part of the house,K? 🙂

Hey Beth- thanks for the info on “those smiley faces”! I appreciate it!:D

• Lisa E. Said on:

Maybe I was supposed to use a little d :d ?

Lisa, I’ll shop with you anytime you want to spend 10 -- 12 months on a project. Ha! (How far are you from Omaha? I thought you were in the middle of Iowa.)

• Lisa E. Said on:

Actually, we are only about 45 miles from Nebraska and 10 miles from Missouri -- we are down in the southwest corner of Iowa. Omaha and Council Bluffs are only about 90 miles away. Much closer than Des Moines or Kansas City! We are also only about 120 miles from Seward, so anytime you want to come help on a project(s), come on over!

• Beth Said on:

I told Heather maybe sometime we should meet in Nebraska City for lunch…I’ll bring Lauren along! 😉

• Beth Said on:

Capital D. But you have to make sure to put a space between the smiley and the end of the sentence. I always put two spaces…just to be sure. 😀

10. Mark Said on:

You, my sister, need to come visit us! For a long period of time!!

All the tools you’d need are in my garage. Just be sure to lock up after you’re finished.

11. Lauren Said on:

Stealing this idea from Brad: Harold and Tim are up on http://www.manbabies.com -- go check it out and click on ‘I like it’ to bump up the vote number!

12. Deborah Said on:

Great job, Lauren! Can’t wait to see it in 2 days!

So is this how the fountain of youth looked?

14. Lauren's dad Said on:

Can you hit the water with toothpaste before it reaches the end of the trough?

15. Swistle Said on:

That is the best faucet I have ever seen. Srsly.