Safe!

July 17, 2008

Journal

We made it!  Thirteen hours door-to-door.  I will never. do. that. again.  There is a reason that we have jobs – so we can afford a hotel room and take two days.    It wasn’t all bad – Lloyd played songs on his iPhone, we read books, ate a ton of junk from the cooler, and best of all – we’re at my parents’ house!We took the scenic route from I-70 over to Eckert, where my folks live.  It goes over Grand Mesa, and it cracks me up how this crazy highway (Highway 65, I believe) hugs the side of the mountain….. with NO RAILING.    I guess if you know about this road you know that you have to pay attention.  Those plants won’t save you.

20 Responses to “Safe!”

Those plants might be superheroes in disguise…you never know their strength…

(Or you could go careening off the side of the mountain and die in a horrible firey crash…)

That’s so interesting that 13 hours seems too long. From the time I was a kid, we would drive about that to Texas; now we do the same to FL. Leave early, drive a few hours, eat breakfast. A few more hours, eat lunch. A few more hours, dinner. A few more hours & you’re there.

It also helps to have a minivan with movies & plenty of space to lie down.

While you two were reading books & picnicing from the cooler … WHO WAS DRIVING?!? Especially on Hgwy 65 …
    (you do know that “Jesus Take the Wheel” is meant figuratively ……… isn’t it?)

Yay for not dying! Congrats on that! Now you just have to survive the reunion. Good luck. You’ll need it, what with all the mortal enemies you made in high school.

• Rae Said on:

Speaking of reunions, Brad… Sam was trying to make contact with you about reserving a room for the Concordia reunion. Has he done that?? Sammy, if you are reading this, email or call Brad!!!

Speaking of which, Bart left a comment for you on 1988saints.com asking about rooms.

• Brad Said on:

The rooms are reserved. We just each need to officially register and send checks.

I sent another email to Walter (the alumni guy) asking how we do that. There aren’t any instructions on the Biltz website, so I have to wait until he answers I guess. I’ll email again tomorrow if he doesn’t write back.

5. Sambo Said on:

I believe all of you are missing the point- Boring 13 hour trip to Blah Blah Blah- didn’t die blah blah. I FOUND LLOYD OR MIKE LUDDY ON THE FORBES WEBSITE!

6. Deborah Said on:

Is the the famous “Million Dollar Highway?”

7. Mom Said on:

You can almost see our house from the photo. The Grand Mesa is in our back yard, -- the Million Dollar Highway is about an hour and a half in the other direction. We are so glad that Lauren and Lloyd are here!

8. Mark Said on:

No, this is the $3,562.86 highway.

That’s how much it costs to fix your truck after you hit one of the deer that lurks alongside this piece of asphalt.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Terrible, terrible show. | LloydAndLauren.com - November 13, 2011

[…] and though I only saw four minutes of one, I believe it should be banned. I’ve shown you the road on the way to my parents where they don’t have a guard rail in a couple of semi-dangerous […]