Hello, Grossness.

July 23, 2008

Cooking

Today was a pretty low-key day.  I had a headache so there was much laying (lying?) around and nap-taking.  Charles, Deborah and Annette came over to visit a bit, though not at the same time.  Lloyd and I spent the evening watching “Hello, Dolly”, which apparently is a prerequisite to watch Wall-E (I’ll find out about that at a later date).  Anyway, the movie was over and I realized I hadn’t taken any pictures of the day.  I remembered that my mom and I found a recipe on the internet for making a microwaved cup of chocolate cake.  I had the ingredients and decided to give it a go.

Looks promising….

Holy cow was it ever gross.  Many, many things went wrong here.  I didn’t mix the ingredients very well, it spilled all over the microwave, and as I write this I’m realizing that I only put in half the amount of sugar it called for (stupid Lauren).  Maybe I should just go to bed.  (Didn’t I try this once before?)
Blech.

13 Responses to “Hello, Grossness.”

Yes, yes in fact you did do it once before. But I bet you’ll never, ever repeat the 1-star priceline thing again, will you? I hope you had a nice, long, headache-removing rest.

Except for the not-enough-sugar thing, it doesn’t look that bad to me. A mug brimming over with bubbly chocolate? Seems like a winner.

3. Rae Said on:

Ok, you said you didn’t mix it well, and it spilled, and you forgot half of the sugar… but how did it taste? I’m with Brad on this one; messy or not I want to taste it.

The lack of sugar made it awful. The texture was …. ok. It helped that I dumped some chopped chocolate in there -- I just ate the pieces that had some melted chocolate and that made it bearable.

I agree with Brad & Rae … chocolate is chocolate, no matter how it looks. And melted chocolate, even better!!

And if it wasn’t quite sweet enough, I would have just sprinkled some 10X sugar on it & wa-la …it would have been gooble, gooble, gooble, harharhar … oops that was my finger … good eatin’.

• Curt Said on:

You could also pour chocolate syrup on it. I bet it would taste good then. Chocolate syrup is similar to bar-b-que sauce. It makes bad or tasteless things taste better.

Ooh ooh, then put ice cream on top. Mmmm….Ice Cream.

5. Mom Said on:

I made the cake, too! Instead of a mug, I dumped the mixed-up ingredients into one of my green straight-sided bowls. Exactly three minutes in the microwave and it was done. The texture was a little coarse, but Dad loved it. Try again! (Note: I just checked your previous site and my recipe was different.)

6. Jill Said on:

Uh what’s with the knife? Or is that just for kicks.I have a great recipe for a WHOLE cake baked in a bundt pan in the micro. It’s yummy too. BUT (and that’s a big but..) you have to follow directions, silly! I should try it being a self confessed chocoholic. Cheers!

7. Lauren Said on:

I use the knife to chop calories! Seriously, it was to chop up part of a chocolate bar to throw in. Mom, I’ll have to try again later and report back. Send me your recipe.

8. Mark Said on:

That’s brilliant. You just made my day.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. LloydAndLauren.com » Enjoying the views. - July 29, 2008

[…] went to see Wall-e tonight, and it turns out that it is better if you’ve seen Hello, Dolly! first!  Go figure. I highly recommend both movies!  Afterwards we didn’t have anything we really […]