PVC & me

PVC & me

August 16, 2008

Gadget

I’ve been trying to line-dry more laundry lately.  Yeah, for the environment and all, blah blah blah, but mostly because someone said your dryer is the second biggest energy-sucker in your house, and it’s cheaper to line dry.  Cha-ching!  You may recall this blurry post from the past that showed the old line-drying system?  Well, I’ve amped it up.  For reasons that are not relevant to this post, I happen to have a lot of PVC pipe and connectors hanging around in the basement.   I hung one piece from the ceiling, and in addition to all the other hacked pieces, can now get a whole load hung up and crispy.

Just waiting for spiders to drop.

But wait! There’s more!  With the addition of cinder blocks, I can dry sheets!

I have got to get a hobby.

No, I did not drag it on the filthy ground.

Feel free to mock me, you fabric-softener junkies.  I mean, Brad.

12 Responses to “PVC & me”

Hey! I wrote about PVC today too! Although, mine was a normal use and not a crazy person use.

2. Lauren's mom Said on:

I love that multi-colored floor!

Just make sure you wash in hot water to kill the germs.

(Then tell your bossy friend to shut-up.)

Again Lauren, that’s an awesome invention. I’ll keep it in mind if my dryer ever breaks.

Do you iron all that crispy clothing? In Colombia, they line dry most everything, and they iron it ALL, even the underwear!

No ironing here, since I can’t stand ironing. I’m not a drying purist, either. Everything gets a couple of minutes in the dryer to get the wrinkles out, then it finishes on the line, wrinkle-free.

I don’t line-dry the towels or Lloyd’s jeans & unmentionables, though. He does NOT like that.

6. Erin Thomas Said on:

Lauren, I love your cinder block sheet one! I’m knicking that idea for my back garden because the sheets blow around too much on the line. In England NO ONE has clothes dryers…
    It will also make a great soccer goal for the little one on non-laundry days. 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. LloydAndLauren.com » Stupid cats. - September 28, 2008

[…] our sheets into the washer before church and wanted to hang them up outside on the sheet-drying contraption.  I was like a crazy person -- checking on them every fifteen minutes, fiddling with them, smelling […]