Boy vs. Hedge

August 23, 2008

Home 'Improvement'

We have a hedge in the backyard that is the bane of my existence.  It’s wonderful for privacy, but our  neighbor likes it neat – so he trims it. (I always say, “It could grow to heaven for all I care.  That’s how much I hate gardening.”)  The guilt I feel that he trims it is overwhelming.  It’s not enough to make me trim it myself, but it’s enough for a really good stomachache.  Anyway, the past few days his side of the hedge has been trimmed, and I knew he would probably come over and trim our side, and I was searching for the Pepto-Bismol.

Enter Lloyd.

Lloyd, who had done a pretty good job sitting around doing nothing all day, turned into a dynamo around 4:30.  He mowed the whole yard, then trimmed the rest of the hedge!  I was on the phone with my parents when I noticed him, and it literally took the words out of my mouth.  (Sorry for that, Mom & Dad.)  I ‘helped’ a little bit, but this was all Lloyd.  Way to go, Lloyd!

What the??

Done.

18 Responses to “Boy vs. Hedge”

1. Kitt Said on:

So industrious! The hedge does look better. Send him to Denver?

That’s a pretty clean cut. Have you considered doing hair?

3. Deborah Said on:

Speaking of mowing the lawn. . . When we bought this house, we inherited a push mower. It worked fine, but the “drive” was broken, which meant I had to actually push it. Thinking it would be expensive to fix, we didn’t have it repaired. It’s been this way for 3 years. We recently took it in to get a tune up. While there, they fixed the drive. It cost us only $15! If I would have known that, I would have had that fixed 3 years ago. Now I mow in luxury.
    By the way, nice job Lloyd! How many points on your computer game did that earn you?

I haven’t had time to hook the computer game up to the hedge yet, so I didn’t get any computer points for it. But I did get 16 points in the marriage game. That brings my current score up to -1,762.

4. kiwe Said on:

These are the times that I wish I had a husband to do things for me that make me sick

What a transformation! Very impressive!

6. Heidi Thomas Said on:

The real question is “Can you trim your beard that well?”

7. Kathi D Said on:

Way to go, Lloyd! We, too, have neighbors whose idea of neat and tidy goes waaaaaaaaay beyond ours. Luckily we are far enough out in the country so that we can all live and let live. And we don’t share a hedge, thank the good lord.