YOU DO NOT NEED THAT.

September 13, 2008

Gadget

First of all: Happy Belated Birthday to my nephew Jack!  September is just chock-full of birthdays, and we have terrible memories!

*sigh*  Lloyd has a problem.  Can someone please tell him that even if something is dirt cheap, if you don’t need it it is not a bargain.  We went to another surplus auction and I walked around with him at the beginning to look at the stuff.  We stopped at these two giant machines with rollers.

Lloyd: Hey! We had these at Metromail! (a college job where they packed junk mail) They’re for bundling things.  You put something in here and it automatically wraps it in strapping tape.
Lauren: I’m hungry.
Lloyd: I wonder if they work?
Lauren: I’m bored.
Lloyd: These are cool!
Lauren: I’m leaving.

I came back from shopping a couple of hours later to see this.

Two auction buddies.
Naturally I assumed that Lloyd was helping this guy learn how to use the guy’s new bundling machine. That Lloyd – so helpful. Then he turned around, saw me, and grinned a ‘you’re gonna kill me’ grin.

Lloyd: They were just two-fifty!
Lauren: I’m leaving.

Does anyone need Lloyd bundled and shipped to their house? I can do it automatically.

17 Responses to “YOU DO NOT NEED THAT.”

1. Kitt Said on:

Um. What’s he planning to bundle?

I’m glad you asked. Lauren didn’t even bother to do that. Now, normally, these machines have a huge roll of that thin yellow strapping plastic. But what if I took that out and replaced it with a huge roll of bacon! Think of it. At the touch of a button you could have anything wrapped in bacon. Burgers. Cookies. Yams. Best. Idea. Ever.

Maybe you could reconfigure it into a bed. A bed that automatically tucks you in. That sounds AWESOME! Put it in my room. But leave a box cutter on the nightstand so I can get up in the morning.

3. Deborah Said on:

Two dollars and fifty cents or $250?

Arron thinks you should bundle stacks of homework that you check during the weekend. Or bundle all your money. Either one.

5. Gretchen Said on:

I feel your pain. My husband also went to an auction, also spent $2 but he got a framed photograph of Nike Zeus missiles. (nothing to do with shoes. I’m talking about large weapons.) At least it takes a bit less space in our home, but I don’t think I will be hanging that on a wall anytime soon. What is the attraction of auctions?

6. Beth Marshall Said on:

Wow! Lloyd and Chris are alot alike.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. LloydAndLauren.com » Why Lloyd can’t be left alone. - October 18, 2008

[…] Not that I’m upset that he bought a sousaphone, of course.  It’s that he bought a sousaphone without me there.  If he’s going to take these crazy kinds of risks unattended, there’s no telling what kind of unsanctioned junk he might buy.  Today a sousaphone, tomorrow a bulk bundling machine.  Oh wait. […]

2. Why Lloyd can’t be left alone. | LloydAndLauren.com - March 15, 2009