Want

October 8, 2008

Journal

*sigh*  I need one of these.  It was driving past when I was walking home, and I had just enough time to snap a photo.

mee-meep

In other news, I went into Lincoln to look for a dress.  Lloyd and I are chaperoning the homecoming dance Saturday night,  and I seriously don’t have anything to wear.  I realize that no one will be looking at me and I could basically wear pajamas, but it would be nice to have a dress for fall/winter.

I’ve been eyeing a dress in the window of a little boutique on the square here in town.  I think it’s adorable, but it’s totally not me.  It’s long-sleeved, embroidered, and would definitely need some sort of tank-top thing under it.  It’s also paired with a pair of boots on the mannequin , and I’ve been saying, “I wish I were cool enough to wear boots” every time I walk past it.   I think that if you feel awkward in a piece of clothing, you probably look awkward.  So, tonight in Lincoln – I tried on boots.

Guess what?  I am not cool enough to wear boots.  Dnag.  Sorry, beautiful dress.

23 Responses to “Want”

1. Kitt Said on:

Wouldn’t the dress work with something other than boots?

I just saw this and thought you might enjoy it if you haven’t seen it already.

2. Kitt Said on:

Well, I just searched your blog and found the Nirvana song, which is hilarious. Of course you know about this group.

When I was in St. Maarten, the rental car I used looked similar to the one in your picture. When I got home, I looked to see if they were sold in the US. They weren’t. If they had been, I might have one now instead of my truck.

4. Brent Said on:

Hey, I just ran past the Marxhausen’s house and it looked like they have a smart car in their garage. You’ll have to walk past their place on the way home and check it out.

5. Deborah Said on:

I saw one of these on I-80 in a blizzard passing a semi. Didn’t look too safe to me. So, if you get one, don’t take it out of Seward.

6. Deborah Said on:

BTW, I think you would look fabulous in boots. I say you try your new outfit. As you pointed out, no one’s going to be looking at you anyway.

Those cars are adorable! They were everywhere in Italy & what I laughed at was how they would pull up & back into a tiny parking space, butt up against the curb, and the other cars would be going the other way. Would we get a ticket here if we did that?

And where’s the picture of the dress & boots??????

Get the outfit!!!!

9. kiwe Said on:

Their called Smartcars and you are able to get one in the US. For $99 dollars you can reserve one because they are flying off the production line. They are relatively inexpensive and I hear they really do have quite a bit of room inside. They are all over the place here in CA. Here is the website. http://www.smartusa.com/index.aspx

10. Christina Said on:

I’ve only seen one in Texas. I’d be scared to drive them here with all the trucks and CRAZY drivers.

11. Mark Said on:

HEY! That’s a S.M.A.R.T. car! We saw those all over Germany two years ago and I WANT ONE!!! Mercedes Benz builds them, and they are awesome little cars! The perfect commuter vehicle.

12. Mark Said on:

(I could haul mine around in the back of The Big Pig.)

Well, now what are you going to wear?

14. Lauren's dad Said on:

The S.M.A.R.T.; you don’t get in it, it’s the kind of car you put on.