Hooray! It’s cold!

October 14, 2008

Cooking

I came home from Family Night around 7:30 and it was COLD in the house!  Well, not really cold – about 66 degrees, but cold enough to warrant hot chocolate and a bath.  Luxurious hot chocolate, mind you.  A handful of chocolate chips, a mug of milk, a trip in the microwave (to ‘hotten it up’ as one of my preschoolers would say) then whisk & whip! (Whipped cream, because I wanted it.)

It’s one more change to try out the camera.  All the close-up shots stunk, so here’s the only good one.  (It’s using the self-timer function.)

Whisk me away!

8 Responses to “Hooray! It’s cold!”

1. Kitt Said on:

Well I’m glad somebody’s happy it’s cold!

It was HOT here last night. I ran my air conditioner.

Yabba dabba do!! I’ll have to live vicariously thru you!!

I think 68 is my favorite temperature…but NOOOOO, we have to have in the stupid 80’s around here…stupid, stupid weather.

What tool are you using, Lauren? You know that chocolate is from South America, right? Well, in Colombia, they have a kitchen tool that is just for whipping up hot chocolate, called a moninillo. (moh knee KNEE yo) They have special chocolate bars (some of them without sugar, so that you can add to taste) that you melt with milk over the stove in a pot called an olletta (oh YET ta). The pot is tall and has a mouth that comes in at the top. As the milk begins to really heat up, you twirl the moninillo just like you’re doing in the picture, and the hot chocolate gets really frothy, especially if you’re making a couple of cups. Mmmm… I get to have some soon!!

5. Deborah Said on:

We’ve already had our first freeze. And it snowed a couple inches at our house on Sunday. The girls have tried out all of their snow clothes.

6. Deborah Said on:

I have those mugs, only in purple. Love them!