Especially clever

October 16, 2008

School

I didn’t have to go to work on Wednesday. We had an “all school test day” and, since I had already taken all of the test, I got to stay at home and work on the school website. It was all highly geeky, and I got a lot of little things done.

We had some really fairly terrible pictures of the faculty on our faculty biography page. They had been on the site for about 9 months. A student took them just a few days before we switched over to the new website last year, and no one had ever gotten around to taking better pictures. Well, I went around on Tuesday and tried to take everyone’s picture, but all I had was the camera on my phone.

It turns out that I have just the right kind of jitter (or maybe scratched lens) to give everyone that “soft lighting” effect. You could also call it, um, blurry. But it turns out that some of us look better blurry, so it’s all good.

Anyway, the new pictures were up for less than a day before one of my students (an especially clever chap) sent me an updated photo of Nathan Bassett (with whom some of you went to college).

Still a dapper fellow

Seems to be some sort of energy vortex

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

17 Responses to “Especially clever”

Will the ability to control elemental lightning be seen as a positive thing among parents at your school, or a negative thing?

2. Lauren Said on:

I wish I had that kind of power. It would come in really handy when I forgot my flashlight.

I was always taught to get a uv or haze filter to put on the end of your lens, so if there were scratches, it was 20 bucks for a new filter, instead of x amount for a new lens. But I guess they don’t make filters for ilenses, do they?

First, I just spent 27 minutes reading every bio on that page. *sigh* I miss my friends at LL.

Second, I laughed out loud that you listed your cats as the dumb one and the mean one. Heh.

Third, I didn’t know you remembered I told you about that job. Thanks for the acknowledgement…and for sneaking my name on the website…so, I won’t be forgotten. 😀

• Cousin Sam Said on:

I vote that she be forgotten. However, I think she should be remembered as Brad’s Sister. Makes it more family oriented (or oriental).

Our “people” to a school I may or may not work at want to put a 5-15 pg. filosofy of learnicating with our bio. Because that’s what potential parent interneters want to see…sigh

5. Cousin Sam Said on:

Isn’t Nathan’s Ironman power slightly off center? I guess if I had a bunch of nice ties, I wouldn’t want to have to cut hole in them either.

6. Cousin Sam Said on:

iLloyd, your pict could use some help. You may want to put in a catch phrase for each teacher. Mr. Lloyd Justin Theodore Sommerer, Jr. -- Looks like a Terrorist; Innovates like Steve Jobs…(I mean this in the nicest way.)

Also, your bio may be more accurate if it says that your family grew tobacco while you were at 4H camps. Hee

Awesome picture!! Are you sure this isn’t Hogwarts High?

8. Rae Said on:

I went to the LL homepage and was excited when I saw the last tab (hide). I thought it would take me to some of the great hiding spots in the school. 🙁 It only took some pretty pictures away…)