The Loot, for Gretchen

November 29, 2008

Home 'Improvement', Journal, Lauren

lotsa storage stuff

So here’s my loot. It’s not a whole bunch, but I went for the looking, not so much the owning.  It’s mostly organizational things for school, but there are a couple of pretty trinkets for the classrooms, too.  I bought a nightlight, some canisters, lots of magnet-y storage things, some clear wall bins, some plastic placemats, a wine rack, some bowls, and a pillow.

The only thing I bought for home is for Brad’s room, which is ridiculous because he lives next door to the IKEA in Baltimore. I couldn’t resist, though.  It’s a bolster pillow that goes with the winter bedding in his room.  I liked the stripes on the cover, but once I saw how they packaged the actual cushion – I was sold!  It combined my love of gadgetiness and vacuum sealing in one, flat airless package.

Like a slab of salmon

Cry yourself to sleep on your huge pillow!

Yeah, I took the headboard off.  Brad’s pretty tall to sleep in a short bed.

What didn’t I buy?  A new chair for school, a kitchen sink and wooden countertops for home, a lamp for the living room, a cool glass pitcher/cubby thing, and a steel toilet seat.  By the way, Gretchen, I took the quiz and failed miserably!  For those of you who aren’t completely sick of me going on about this, I leave you with this. (I forgot that it has a little swear in it.  Ignore that.)

16 Responses to “The Loot, for Gretchen”

The bolster is FABULOUS! I might just have to get one. (and we love the handful of norse men -- we watched the whole thing!)

That song is awesome. *sigh*

“Last night I had this strange dream that I was eating a giant piece of taffy and now I can’t find my pillow.”

I’m sure that wine rack will be put to good use at school. 😉

That song made me want to go to our Ikea store. Then I remembered that I’m going to have a baby in a matter of days and thought better of it.

5. Gretchen Said on:

Thanks, Lauren! What a fun bunch of stuff! I did horribly on the quiz too. Perhaps if I was more fluent in Swedish I would have done better.

I did see this guy pushing his kid around in a cart, telling him that ‘sky’ actually meant ‘vomit’ in Swedish. He looked kind of guilty when he saw me looking at him, so I’m sure he was just being an idiot.

“Cry yourself to sleep on your huge pillow” -- did you mean to quote So I Married An Axe Murderer, or am I just too familiar with that movie?

Lauren--I love all your purchases!! Buying cute little containery things is so much fun, isn’t it? And I laughed out loud at the pillow pictures!! I keep looking at them over & over—-before, after…before, after…

I’m glad you had an Incredible IKEA Day!

8. Deborah Said on: