Help.

Help.

December 7, 2008

Drawings, Journal

The Sommerer Family is doing a gift exchange and I was lucky enough to get my father-in-law’s name. I am the world’s worst shopper, ever, so give me some ideas. You don’t need to know his likes, hobbies, or interests, because even the people who know those things can’t buy presents for him. Just some random ideas, please. Thanks in advance.

Maybe he’ll just get this picture.

No need to worry if he’ll read this. He never checks this site.

18 Responses to “Help.”

1. Kitt Said on:

Steaks? A Netflix subscription? Old Spice?

What’s your price range?

How about a ShamWow? …except now that I’ve googled it, I see many complaints. This was among them: “i picked up a leaf from outside and it soaked up the spill better than this thing.”

But maybe that would give him the gift of something to complain about, and EVERYBODY likes to complain.

• Cousin Sam Said on:

Right you are Brad me boy! and since Brad brought up complaining… This “news” site seems to turned into Weird Homes and Gadgets (I couldn’t come up with anything clever opposite Better Homes and Gardens.) It used to be about Ron Paul, auctions, trailers, building stuff no one needs, and Rock and Roll!

Gift- Wii seems to be hot now. Build him a Waa

Warm socks. He’s still a mailman carrier, right?

Or a gift certificate to that steakhouse in South Bend. He liked that place.

4. Lauren's dad Said on:

A hundred dollar silk tie?

5. Rae Said on:

Cigars and beer? or a good bottle of whiskey?

Last time he came to our house he didn’t drink anything. I thought he was an impostor. It was sort of creepy.

• Rae Said on:

Did you check his temperature? Or poke him to make sure he was real? Do you suppose it was a temporary or permanent condition. Long term conditions like this are hard to get used to and may cause depression -- watch for symptoms (in him and yourself.)

I vote for something (or many things) from perpetual kid dot com.

7. Katxena Said on:

You know what I’d want in that price range? A Roku box and a netflix subscription. Or a garden cart.

8. kiwe Said on:

An ipod with a mix of songs from his childhood

9. Lauren Said on:

Thanks, everybody. I’ll take one of each!