Recapturing lost youth.

January 26, 2009

Gadget

When I grew up, our bathroom had two fantastic features. One was a flip-out stepstool that my dad built for us, and the second was a special faucet that you could turn and it would become a drinking fountain.   (I would also stand on that stepstool and do Noxema commercials in the mirror, but that’s another story.)

A vague drawing from memory

I’ve looked for that faucet attachment every so often. I usually think about it when Brad’s here and he jams his face under the faucet to get a drink.  I knew I didn’t want that stupid orca whale that just snaps on to the faucet – that’s not cool.  I found this Kwik Sip thing, and it came in the mail today.  It has a little pull-switch to turn on the fountain, and then you push it back in to turn it off.   I think it will be alright – at least it will entertain Pfennig when I brush my teeth.  (Maybe it will save Brad’s neck, too.)

Thar she blows!!

14 Responses to “Recapturing lost youth.”

1. Kitt Said on:

Clever! Is it expensive? I find myself doing faucet gymnastics, too, when I haven’t remembered to bring a glass upstairs.

2. Karla/Arron Said on:

#1) Your Dad is a clever and so are you! The circle is now complete. You are no longer the learner but now the master.
    #2) You have potentially saved Brad’s life or at least prevented an embarrasing call to 911 … “do you guys still use the jaws of life?”
    #3) You have fulfilled the Cat Code by providing your cat with someting fun.

“save Brad’s neck”? That knob thing is going to puncture my cheek when I stick my head under your faucet for a drink.

But your neck will be fine.

Kitt, I ordered it online and it was about $20. I’m a little worried that it came from an ‘as seen on t.v.’ kind of site. I hope Billy Mayes doesn’t come knocking on my door next. Oh wait -- I hope he does!!

4. zokoffecy Said on:

wall insulation thickness exterior wall insulation r crawl space wall insulation fractionalcurrency, interesting information sci roofs walls insulation , fire wall insulation polystyrene wall insulation home wall insulation

So, if you turn the water on with enough force, can you shoot water off the counter?

Because that’s what I would try.

I LOVE this concept…why have I never heard of it before?
    I’m definately getting one, well two, one for each bathroom. I can’t wait! No one I know in MD has one…I will be cool…YAY!

7. Lloyd Said on:

It’s on a little pressure switch, so it turns itself back into a faucet when you turn the water off. That’s a good feature.

• kiwe Said on:

Aw man. I was hoping that you could rig it so when someone turned on the faucet it would spray their pants! Now that would be fun! “Oh Pastor, thanks for coming over. You can use that bathroom!”