Solved.

January 29, 2009

Lauren

I have three pairs of ‘good’ jeans.  (I don’t count my painting jeans or fleecy jeans as ‘good’, just ‘useful’.)  They are all the same brand, same style, but bought at different times.  One pair is getting old , one pair is so-so, and one pair is way too short, but works when I’m just going barefoot around the house. Unfortunately I never know which pair is which, and often find myself looking down at my short pants when I’m definitely not barefoot at home – like at Target, standing by the cute fashionable girls in my high waters.

No more!

I hope the ink didn’t leak through to the back.

12 Responses to “Solved.”

1. Magickwyrds Said on:

That is actually kind of hysterical- kinda like summer camp for adults at home!

Ha! I did something similar with my dark blue pants that I kept mistaking for black, but I used the label. It says: “Blue”.

• Curt Said on:

That is a very good idea. I have done that with one pair of pants. But what if you don’t know what color it is at the store? Some manufacturers or stores don’t put a color on any of the labels. I always get a “are you an idiot” look from the people I ask in the store.

• Peggy Said on:

I’m sort of color blind with dark colors too. And I ask strangers in stores all the time if something is “black” or “blue”. I usually just look for someone with a happy face.

Leo is color blind, and many times I have considered doing something similar. I haven’t, because it would be complicated to match the shirts with the pants. It would have to be a system like Grr-animals. Do you remember that clothing? I see I’m not the only one with that idea! http://justthissideofnormal.blogspot.com/2007/10/grranimals-and-art-of-dressing-man.html

• kiwe Said on:

My dad is really color blind, so my mom used a marker to do this same thing on my dads clothes. she used letters and wrote them on the tag. All A’s together all B’s. Man, I thought she was brilliant, but she just stole the idea!

• Deanne Said on:

Letters -- it’s really the perfect way, because you could easily embroider them. Maybe I’ll do that just with the colors that are hard. For Leo those are the browns/dark greens.

4. Lauren Said on:

Yeah, I’ve thought about that too -- only because I’m terrible at putting ‘outfits’ together. I can put on pants and a shirt, but I can’t look cool. I need a personal shopper to go buy me outfits and put them in my closet. For free.

• Gretchen Said on:

Send me some video footage of you in really hideous, outdated and ill-fitting outfits and I will nominate you for What Not To Wear.

I have exactly the same problem with my jeans. I have two pair. One that is perfect. And one that is embarassingly short. Even though they are exactly the same marked size. I made a recognizable note in the short ones.

Funny.

Good idea Lauren! And don’t worry about the words bleeding thru…you could take pictures of the puzzled peoples faces as they read:

trohs oot