I drew plans and everything!

February 2, 2009

Prototype

As you know, my brother will be here on Wednesday, and his room isn’t clean*, so I built a shelf.

Melanie, who I work with, wanted a funky storage area under her loft for some of the fun doo-dads she has for the kiddos.  It struck me as a most magnificent idea, and said I’d help.  I even bought the ‘select’ lumber (on sale, of course) so it wouldn’t be completely warped when it was finished.  She sketched her idea for me, and I actually drew out some plans (with some modifications, of course).   (I plan to say ‘of course’ several more times.  Care to join me?)

Turns out I can’t make those tiny shelves - no room.

I’m nearly done attaching things, but I had to give up for the night.  I’m up way past my bedtime, and with my creaky old knees, I don’t think I can do carpentry on the floor much longer.  That stinks.  How am I going to find a workbench that’s as big as a whole floor?

Not much longer, my little smurfs.

* Mark, the sheets are clean, and if you can get to the closet without running into the treadmill, we’re good to go.  Of course.

, , ,

18 Responses to “I drew plans and everything!”

1. Karla/Arron Said on:

Lauren, you’re a regular Ty Pennington! I’m so impressed. Of course.

I watched TV last night.

Looks like you didn’t paint the basement then, huh? 😉

Very cool shelving. Love it.

4. christina Said on:

Are you using dowels or screws?

Is THAT sarcasim?

Of course, you could always make some shelving like that in the basement. Although your knees would bother you while you’re making it, of course.

6. kiwe Said on:

Wow that’s cool. I love shelves because most of the time they come with books on them!

• kiwe Said on:

and it rhymes with elves.

It also contains elves.

• Curt Said on:

“You just blew my mind.” (in a Cosmo Kramer voice)

Isn’t there a Kramer quote like this? I can’t remember which episode and couldn’t find it on youtube.

• Karla/Arron Said on:

Here it is:

Jerry: Ah, you’re crazy.
            Cosmo Kramer: Am I? Or am I so sane that you just blew your mind?
            Jerry: It’s impossible.
            Cosmo Kramer: Is it? Or is it so possible that your head is spinning like a top?
            Jerry: It can’t be.
            Cosmo Kramer: Can’t it? Or is your entire world just crashing down all around you?
            Jerry: All right, that’s enough.

7. Mark Said on:

Thanks for the bed, sis! Don’t worry about the rest of the room just as long as I have a blanket and a couple of pillows.

8. Mom Said on:

You’re too young for creaking knees. It must have been the elves.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. LloydAndLauren.com » Shelf Update - February 25, 2009

[…] took the shelf to the Center last week, and Melanie and I installed it in her room. She’s begun to put many […]