He saved our lives!

February 5, 2009

Journal, Lauren

So, Mark has a chronic upper respiratory infection and I got out our vaporizer so he could breathe a little easier in the night.

Thankfully, Mark got the safety gene in our family and unplugged it in the morning before he left to go do his visits.  (He works for the seminary in St. Louis and visits people around the country.)  When I got home, I wanted to make sure we had plenty of wet air for him to breathe so I plugged it back in.

*Spark*  *Spark*  Bad, hot plastic-y smell.  You can’t see from the photo but the sparks were all under the white plastic on the top, like a tiny little lightning storm.  Cool!  Bad!

Danger!

I have to confess, I secretly hoped it would actually catch on fire as I took the picture, but it didn’t.   Then I went out to Wal-Mart and bought another one, because even I know that it’s bad manners to set the house on fire when you have company.

About Lauren

Lauren Sommerer is a preschool teacher who likes to build prototypes, grow cats, cook things once, save money, reduce, reuse and recycle.

View all posts by Lauren

Subscribe

Stay connected as you care to...

9 Responses to “He saved our lives!”

  1. Brad Said on:

    Did you throw away the old one? Because I know what you should do with it: You should fill it with gasoline, then turn it on again. That… would be… AWESOME!

    Reply

  2. Beth Said on:

    You could have had ours. We used it for Tara when she was an infant…and it’s been in the closet for the past three years… I forgot to sell it on the garage sale.

    Reply

  3. Deanne Said on:

    We had a tiny fire with a plug-in heater. Still have the little burn spot on the carpet. I’m sure glad the whole house didn’t catch on fire!

    Reply

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. In search of a hat « Mark’s Blog - February 6, 2009

    […] and Lloyd were really good to me, and hooked me up with a humidifier in their guest room in addition to feeding me and letting me use their shower.  Thanks, […]

Leave a Reply