Uno

Uno

February 26, 2009

Lauren

Why Mrs. Sommerer has vocal nodules:

“Do you have a red or a seven?
That’s a seven, use that.
Do you have a seven or a green?
That’s a 2. Do you have a green?
How about that green one?
Do you have a green or a five?
No? Try this one from the pile.
Do you have a green or a five?
Yep. Do you have a green or an eight?
No, eight. That’s a three. Use that eight –
the one that looks like a snowman.
My turn! I think I’ll use this red four.
Do you have a red or a four?
Get a tissue, please. I’ll watch your cards. Get two.
Do you have a red or a four?
etc. etc. etc.”

That’s just once around the table.

I talk all. day. long.

8 Responses to “Uno”

1. kiwe Said on:

Ha Ha Ha. This post made me laugh harder than I have in weeks. Blessings to you for all that you do with those little ones.

Hehe… I’m glad my seventh graders know their colors. But I’m not sure they know their numbers yet. I spend a lot of time repeating what page they should turn to.

The joy of playing is visible, even in that little guys’s hands.
    I’m with kiwe, bless you for working with those little guys.

• Rae Said on:

I had the exact same thought as Beth -- these little hands seem to say a lot. Not quite as much as you apparently, but still a good message.
      Ditto on blessings to you -- us Moms of those little guys really appreciate you. (Although my tyke is in another state.)

Hey, did the little cutey in the picture remember to say ‘Uno’…he only has one card left. Was he the big winner? Yay!!

You have earned your nodules! (while making the rest of us laugh!--life is so unfair)

Yes, I have to tell them to say ‘Uno’, then explain what that means. 🙂

We’re pretty good at our end-of-game manners, too. When someone wins we must all immediately clap furiously and yell, “Good game! Good game!”

You are making a lasting impression on these little ones! Now, get yourself better so that you can keep up the good work!!

6. Mom Said on:

I loved it. Andrew and I had to play that in kindergarden because he couldn’t get his numbers straight. I thought it was a fun way to learn them. Yeah Lauren!