It's a family tradition

It’s a family tradition

February 28, 2009

Cheap, Lloyd

Yeah, it’s true that I sometimes make odd choices at auctions. Pallets of choir music, Sousaphones, Strapping Machines, Pallets of Computers, Pallets of Printers, Car Loads of Printers, Library Card Catalogs, Library Shelves, Refrigerators, Doors, Books, but I wanted everyone to know that it’s an old Sommerer family tradition.

While we were back in Missouri last weekend, I took a picture of what if probably my Dad’s strangest auction purchase:

Lauren thinks that’s the back of the house in the background. It’s really the front.

Roughly the size of our living room.

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

22 Responses to “It’s a family tradition”

1. Kitt Said on:

“Runs good”?

Ha! Your list of links makes me laugh. So what is that machine called? A bulldozer? A steam shovel?

Oh, and thank you for sticking this in my head:

• Peggy Said on:

hehe…a steam shovel? (It’s not, right?)

This is the song that immediately popped into my head & I guess I’ll be humming all day:

• Curt Said on:

That’s funny you mention that show. Lloyd has a connection to that show and he may not even know it.

It’s that his wife looks just like Eva Gabor, right?

• Curt Said on:

You would think that is the obvious answer, but I was thinking of something else. Paul Henning helped develop Green Acres. He also created Beverly Hill Billies and a show called Petticoat Junction. Remember Shady Rest Hotel? That was named after a cafe that used to be right next to St. Paul’s Lutheran High School in Concordia, MO.

Oh and there might be a chance I am related to Paul Henning. It would be by marriage though.

I’m really surprised (and impressed) that you know that song.

I forgot you got that little fridge at an auction… And didn’t you get your dining room chairs at an auction, too? And our computer chair?

Oh, and does that machine push snow well?

I just searched for ‘auction’ on the site and those were the ones that had pictures/posts. You can’t really look anywhere in the house and not see something from an auction.

Also. Is that a tiny fence around it? To keep it safe?

5. Lauren's dad Said on:

Look at that air conditioned safety cab! It’s one of a kind, isn’t it? The envy of everyone else who owns a dozer!

6. Curt Said on:

That is cool. I wish my dad owned a bulldozer.

7. Lauren Said on:

Oh, this list could go on and on. The bed frames in the downstairs guest room, art for our walls, decorations in the kitchen, musical instruments. And let’s not forget the things used at our schools -- my I-spy table, giant mirrored half-sphere, globes, maps, table legs, desks, puzzles, games, cabinets, copy machines, podiums, chairs, volleyball standards, AV carts, paper cutters.

Lloyd thinks we should have an ‘auction’ category.

8. Deborah Said on:

Happy 40th Birthday, Charles!

9. outdoor patio Said on:

Excellent goods of your stuff, man. I have understand your stuff ahead of and you are just extremely excellent.