"You're beautiful....

“You’re beautiful….

March 6, 2009

Lauren, Lloyd, School

….. like a raaaaainbow.”

Today was Rainbow Day at Lincoln Lutheran (Favorite Color Day at the CDC), so Lloyd broke out his tie-dyed teacher shirt. I had nothing to do with this one – it was a present from the art teacher a couple of years ago, and it totally rocks.

"I am not tired at all!"

As I write this, Lloyd is out hosting the Fun Night and I am hiding in the computer lab with a new (well, ‘shorter’, not ‘new’) haircut. Those kids are so big! I’m not used to all the dancing and pre-teen excitement. I’m an old curmudgeon who likes to read blender reviews (I bought a blender) on the internet and wait for the fun to be over so I can drive Tired Rainbow Man home.

Happy Saturday, everyone.

9 Responses to ““You’re beautiful….”

1. Curt Said on:

Blenders are awesome.

Rainbow Day? What is the complete list of your dress days? We’ve been doing the same ones forever. It would be fun to mix it up a little.

Ours were: Sports Shirt Day (a difficult one for me), Pajama Day, Clash Day, Hawaiian or Beach Shirt Day, and School Spirit Day.

They had Pajama Day, Hat Day, Fake an Injury Day, Multiplicity Day (dress like a friend -- all the middle school teachers wore tennis shoes, red shirts & jeans) and Rainbow Day.

I think we’ve found Lloyd’s superhero name.

Rainbow Man.

I hope next time they have Twin Day that he and John Roeber get together. He’d just have to put some baby powder in his hair and beard and he’d be set. 😀

4. Lauren's dad Said on:

Happy pre-daylight savings time day, everyone!

That is an AWESOME shirt! And I love your creative dress up days…a guy at my church grew up in the south & one of his favorite LSW’s days was…barefoot day…we all laugh at him for that. Of course that was back in the days when ‘safety’ was never an issue…the lawn dart days!

Rainbow Man…excellent! (and lets not ever be forgetting the ‘bow’ part)

And what super power(s) would Rainbow Man have? ‘Can cause cheery & sunny moods just by his presence’? Gee, Lloyd really is Rainbow man!

7. Kitt Said on:

That shirt is teh awesome.

8. Lloyd's Mom Said on: