Trash Tie

Trash Tie

bolas-atlas

I had to buy new trash bags yesterday. Our roll-out trash can holder is on its last legs, but I’m trying to repair it with wire, string and happy thoughts. (Just until I can find one that makes my heart go pitter-pat.) Anyway, since I can’t think of anything else to write about, I’ll ask you how you keep your trash bag from falling into your can. I tie a knot in the bag before putting it in, making a snug fit around the top – learned from classroom trash cans. I also just tie up the bag when it goes out instead of using those wire trash ties – they’re much too valuable for repairs.

There. If there’s a more boring topic out there this Friday, I’d love to hear about it.

17 Responses to “Trash Tie”

My trash bags are big enough (or my trash can is small enough) that they overlap the edge and don’t fall in.

And I’m a big fan of draw-string trash bags, so that’s how I close them when it’s time to take them to the curb.

2. Deborah Said on:

Ooof. This is a boring topic, bless your heart.
    (I’m using “bless your heart” so I can say something critical, yet sound like I’m complimenting you.)

3. Lloyd Said on:

That’s one useful thing I learned when I worked at McDonalds; How to insert a trash bag into a trash can to ensure maximum trashiness. I would explain how, but I’m pretty sure the McMafia would take me out.

4. Lauren's mom Said on:

Happy Friday, L& L!!
    The only boring post is no post at all.
    Where I worked, they always put a couple of extra (or a roll) of trash bags in the bottom of the trash can before putting the clean one in. Then you didn’t have to find the box every time you changed the bag.

5. Curt Said on:

I have come to the point where I don’t buy trash bags anymore. I reuse grocery bags for the trash. I stretch the handles over the sides of my regular sized trash can. It doesn’t cover the full opening, only about 2/3, but they usually stay until it is full. How eco-friendly is this?

I don’t know Spanish. Could you please translate in German?

I don’t deal with the trash…except to scream several times a week…SOMEONE TAKE THE FRICKIN TRASH OUT!

I don’t use garbage bags, and I’m surprised you do, my eco-friend. We have a little holder-thingie that is on the inside of our under-sink door and we attach the grocery bags from the grocery store.

• Curt Said on:

Maybe Lauren doesn’t get grocery bags (uses a canvas bag) and for trash uses biodegradable trash bags. The would be even eco-friendlier.

Er, um, these are pure plastic bags that were on super-sale at Ace Hardware. Cheap Girl won the battle with Eco Freak. Great. On the day I’m on one of my favorite Eco Blogs. Sorry, earth. 🙁 Hi, Jessica!

• Curt Said on:

I only use grocery bags because I am too cheap to buy regular bags. I really don’t do anything eco-friendly, just wallet friendly.

9. Jessica Said on:

Hi! I’m a lurker who never comments, but I read your blog regularly. Tonight I was in my bloglines when I clicked on Tiny Choices and there was your drawing -- and I so instantly knew it was you that for a moment I thought I was in your blog feed! Cool! And I like exclamation points!

10. Lloyd's Mom Said on:

I’m like Curt. I like the store brand that you get your groceries in. Gives them 2 uses.