Dream garden

Dream garden

April 27, 2009

Drawings, Eco-Freaky, Prototype

Something you should know about me is that I obsessively think daydream about stuff all day long. I like to think of it as honing my ‘thinking outside the box’ skills, which will look really good on my resume after I get fired for daydreaming so much.

Lately I’ve been thinking about this garden/tomato/lettuce thing. I’ve read a bit on how to make a raised garden bed, and while I have a heap of unused lumber in the basement, I’ve also got a heap of concrete blocks. Couldn’t I just arrange them in a pattern, fill the holes with dirt, plant a tomato plant in the middle and lettuce in the holes on the outside? Who cares if it wouldn’t work – doesn’t it look awesome in your imagination? Don’t rain on my parade with ‘facts’ or ‘reliable, tested information’ or ‘stuff any idiot gardener would know’.
I’m tryin’ it.

doodle-1

doodle-2

12 Responses to “Dream garden”

1. Kitt Said on:

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work, assuming you are setting the blocks on dirt and not concrete. Since I think the tomato might like a little more depth for its roots.

Very cool. No facts required. Except what Kitt said. And don’t forget to water them. (Asking a person: “Did you water them?” is to gardening as asking: “Is it plugged in?” is to computers.)

3. Jenn (TinyChoices.com) Said on:

I love it! I think it’s brilliant. From one newbie to another, I have absolutely no factual information on the viability of this idea but am looking forward to seeing the progression.

I have no idea what Nebraskan squirrels are like, but here’s hoping they’re less thieving than their Brooklyn cousins.

Tell me if it works, and maybe I’ll try it here. Except I got rid of our concrete blocks.

That is awesome! Do it!!

And you know I daydream ALL THE TIME too…but my daydreams aren’t about productive things…I think about stuff like would it be beneficial to have toes around our whole foot in stead of just up front…or what would things be like if us humans didn’t require any sleep and were up all the time, what would we do with all those extra hours…and so on…

6. Kitt Said on:

Saw this and thought of you:

John King’s death at 55 on April 3 at his home in St. Petersburg, Fla., sent shock waves through the ukulele universe, which has widened with enthusiasts now clustering on the Internet and at festivals around the country. His wife, Debi, said that Mr. King died of a heart attack, suddenly and completely unexpectedly.

NO!!! This is a big loss -- he was a great player. The ‘learn chopsticks on the ukulele’ on my life list is his arrangement. Drat. Drat.

7. Annette Said on:

Where are you going to test this????