Split Pea Lighter

Split Pea Lighter

June 1, 2009

Gadget

Ok, Cheap Girl had a weak moment. I’ve admired this thing on the internet for months, and have watched the YouTube review of it several times, and in a moment of frivolity, I ordered it.

I do not regret it.

That's not a giant chapstick - it's a tiny lighter.

This, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the Split Pea Lighter – the world’s smallest lighter! It combines my love of tiny things, gadgety-ness and, of course, fire. You can find this little gem at countycomm.com for the low price of $11, so really – it’s like it’s free! It will be perfect for all the times I go camping or find myself stranded in the woods or…. um…. do they have internet in the woods? and at campsites? Is it cold out there? Er….

Ok. I regret this a little bit. But just a tiny bit.

This, and Lloyd's giant monitor, will keep us warm in winter.

13 Responses to “Split Pea Lighter”

1. Amy Said on:

that is cute, and fun : )

Will you also be getting a wee pipe to use your wee lighter with? Then you can start wearing a wee little hat as well. You’re well on your way to becoming a leprechaun.

That is adorable! It’s like a trial siza lighter…I LOVE trial sized things! I can almost hear it saying:

‘Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not.’

Is it refillable?

yes, we walked (not quite in the rain) to a gas station and bought the smallest bottle of lighter fuel that they had. It’s enough to refill Lauren’s lighter (I’m completely guessing here) 231 times.

We should get Lauren to fill it up, light it and see how long it will burn.

Is this your newest way to keep the house warm in the winter?

6. Curt Said on:

Wow! That is so small I think if I would flick it, it would fly out of my hand and unintentionally set something on fire.

7. han Said on:

it uses “zippo” style fuel, right? i know it has an o-ring to help slow down vaporization, but i was wondering how long can the lighter go unused without requiring a refill?
    thanks!

That is an excellent question, and I don’t know the answer. Right now it lives in my purse and I never use it, so it’s been 2 1/2 months and it’s still ok. I’ll check in with you later.

8. rach Said on: