This is not a joke.

This is not a joke.

June 2, 2009

Found

We were in south Lincoln at the Lowe’s (buying a kitchen faucet, but that’s another post), and as we were leaving we passed this place. I had to turn around to investigate, because this didn’t seem possible. Seriously? Any Lab Test Now? Do you need a doctor’s note? Do they actually take your blood there? Are there qualified people that take it? Do they do other kinds of samples? *Jibblie*

Know thyself.  Really?  Really?

While looking through the window we could see that it was actually in the same room in the strip mall as Sportsman’s Haircuts, so that makes it a little iffy in the respectable department.

Stylist: What can we do for you today?

Customer: Use the clippers – #2 on the sides and #3 on the top, and can I get a paternity test? If it’s negative, I’m not paying for my kid’s cut.

Stylist: Very good, sir.

What does non-chain mean?

12 Responses to “This is not a joke.”

I think it makes perfect sense to have stud testing at a men’s haircut place. Wait… STD? …never mind…

GATTACA, coming soon to Lincoln, NE. My smarty-pants husband knew before he saw it that it would be a futuristic, DNA movie.

3. Jill Said on:

I have a friend from church who has used that place. She wanted to find out if she had strep, without having to make a trip to the doc. For $10, she found out she DID have strep, but the lab place can’t prescribe any medication. She had to go to the doc anyway. D’oh!

4. Curt Said on:

Wow, that is crazy. I can vision the person at the counter giving out the results: “Congratulations, your not the father!” “Congratulations, you are the father!” “Congratulations, you have an gonorrhea! Oops.”

Sadly, the first thing I thought of when I saw the sign for a paternity test for 199.00 was “Gee, that’s all the more Maury Povich has to pay for those tests for his show?”

“Non-chain of custody paternity tests are generally not accepted by the court, but are very useful and cost effective if paternity is in doubt.”

I don’t know from experience but thanks for asking. 😉