Number 10 - Check

Number 10 – Check

July 8, 2009

Gadget, Journal, Videos

Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law, Rachel! (Matthew’s mom)

Well, I can cross #10 off the life list. There’s a place here in Branson that rents Segways – 20 dollars for 20 life-changing minutes.

It’s a pretty sweet setup. They check you in, take your money, then give you a little training session. (Feet apart, keep your legs straight. Lean your body to turn/ go forward / go backward/ stop.) Then, it’s helmets on, a tiny practice session, then away you go! Lloyd, Scarlett and I went, and it was really fun.

Scarlett and I think that our handlebars were set too high because we couldn’t really lean forward and go fast. Apparently, the first time you go you are a beginner, and can only go 5 mph. The second time you go – and yes, I will go – you can go 12 mph. I wonder what the third time will be?

Lloyd’s in his blue Hawaiian shirt, and Scarlett’s in the yellow tank top. I was a bit worried about dropping my camera while filming, but more worried about damaging the expensive piece of science I was riding.

8 Responses to “Number 10 – Check”

1. Michele Said on:

Oh my gosh! I thought you were going to run into that tree midway through the video! I even let out a little gasp!

That looks really hard. Plus, you’re filming it??? Suh-weet.

Seeing all those people on Segways all at once makes me giggle a little. But I am envious.

There is a nice tour in DC on Segways. After you get trained, you get a card that allows you to rent a Segway whenever you want to shell out the cash. The company is called Segs in the City. And on the front it says: I’ve got segsy legs. I have it on my bulletin board at work.

By the way, Lloyd’s sis & family arrived safe & sound. We got on the metro together, and there was no accident before I got off. They’re headed to the capitol now.

Excellent!! I would love to try one of those. Congratulations on acheiving #10 & for passing the training. Do you get a special new code letter on your license now?

6. Curt Said on:

That is awesome! Someday I will try one of those. Hmmm….Maybe to get around the high handle bars and slow speeds you could turn around and go backwards. Or is there a limit to how far you can lean?