See Lloyd see.

See Lloyd see.

August 12, 2009

Journal

Lloyd had a run-in with his mortality this past weekend. I had to get some stuff at Shop-Ko and we walked by the reading glasses. “Try these on,” I said.

Can you hear his ego crumbling?

He did. He read some fine print on a box with them, then without them, then with them again. “Hmm. Hmmmmmm. These words are surprisingly….not….blurry.” (It broke my heart to hear him speak so slowly.)

Side view.  Get it?  Side VIEW?  Get it? Er, I guess it's not that funny.

He was very quiet for a long, long time, then put them back on the rack with a hmmmph. “I’m still seventeen.”

Sure you are, grandpa. Sure you are.

8 Responses to “See Lloyd see.”

They say time is the fire in which we all burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives. I know you understand.

2. Lauren Said on:

I had to look that up, you Trekkie.

3. Lloyd Said on:

I’m going to look so good in glasses. But what kind to get?

4. Lauren's mom Said on:

Lloyd, you look like a professor. Your innate intelligence shines through.

5. Kiwe Said on:

I think it’s my fault, because last year I send Lauren an email or link, or something that had a picture of Lloyd on it, but he had glasses on. Sorry about that. My predictions always come true. Yes, I have that much power. Mooooohahahahahaha

Lloyd, you probably don’t remember this…but somewhere thru these comments it was discovered that neither you, nor I wear glasses or contact lenses. We have great eyes. Which makes us a minority I think on these sites. A very cool minority! But about six months ago, I had to borrow someone’s reading glasses to see the small print on something…and I felt the same way. I could have made it out without the glasses, but this someone said try these and WOW…I read it with such ease. But I thought, dang, I can’t let Lloyd beat me…but I’m older than you so I win, right? Right? (We will not give in until we hit that special birthday!)

7. Lloyd's Mom Said on:

You were the final hold out. Everyone else in the family has glasses or contacts. So lucky to get your fathers eyes. The rest of us had them before we were out of high school.