Gone Fishin’, Day Two

August 13, 2009

Lauren, School

That’s right, I’m leaving the same post up for Saturday. It’s ‘cuz I ain’t done yet.
******************

It’s Teacher Work Day Weekend, the time of year when the CDC closes for a day to get ready for the coming school year (which is Monday). No cute post for you, I’m just going to make my list. Check in every so often to see what’s been accomplished or added!

* = done

*Hook up basement printer
*Dust blinds
*Print names
*breakfast/devos at church
*names and photos on cubbies (Thanks, Kate!)
*Photos on hooks (Thanks, Kate!)
*take art off walls
*staples out of walls
*make Kids of the Kingdom display
*re-arrange upper shelves
*dust everything
*clean out teacher corner
new names on files
*hang 1/4 circle shelf
*display for above easel
*make supply order
*set up writing table
*edit toys on shelves
replace toy labels
*clean out teacher easel
*new cloth for altar? (nope)
*replace rug on step
wash windows
*new books
*names on nap bags (Kate, and me)
*replace housekeeping things
*fix iSpy table
*clean fish tank
*look for new chair
*paint red zones/arrows
*replace trim on shed
*paint top trim (poorly done, but good enough)
*new tags for bathroom boxes (to answer Rachel’s question, they are cubbies in the bathrooms that hold extra clothes for the 3’s when they have a need for the next item on the list)
*new accident tags (to answer Kristi’s question, they are little information tags with a giant hole in them that slip over a tied bag holding wet clothes)
*type new class list
*replace mirror in boy’s bathroom (just re-hung the old mirror)
*move play house (thanks, Lloyd)
*water outside plants

craft jewels

Take: rug
staple gun
drill
card stock
photos

UPDATE:
*Add dummy item to list to reward Brad for reading the whole thing.

31 Responses to “Gone Fishin’, Day Two”

What, no dummy item on the list to reward us for reading the whole thing?

2. Curt Said on:

Wow, holy crap that is a big list. To me big lists are too daunting(I think this is the first time I have written that word). I end up not doing any of it.

3. Lauren Said on:

Lloyd, would you bring me the can of red spray paint in the basement when you leave? Thanks.

4. Gretchen Said on:

I’m exhausted just reading that list. I had been really itching to go back to teaching (after spending 5 years at home with the kiddos) but I think seeing that list alone cured me of that urge.

I need and nap, and i just got up!

What are accident tags?

• Curt Said on:

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Do you pre-tag the kids that are accident prone? And I’m not talking about tripping and falling.

7. Rae Said on:

Y’know when your eyes play tricks on you and you read a word wrong and get a completely new word??? Well instead of ‘new cloth for altar’, I read, “new clothes for altar.” ๐Ÿ™‚ Wow, that is a well dressed altar you must have!

8. Rae Said on:

one more comment, when you mention bathroom boxes I assume that you are not referring to your kitties or litter boxes for the kiddies to use.

9. Rae Said on:

I had another post that went into cyberspace somewhere… (It will probably show up twice now.)

When you refer to bathroom boxes, I assume that you are not referring to your kitties and that you don’t mean litter boxes for the kiddies.

10. Aunt Lolly Said on:

I sure hope that you have some help doing all those things! That is too much work for one person. Have a fun and blessed new school year, to both of you. Aunt Lolly I love you

11. Mark Said on:

Hey, when you’re updating your list with the asterisks, don’t forget to put one by the “Add dummy item for Brad” one. It’s finished too.

You’re insane for attempting all this in one day.

Taking a little break here, so let me explain to y’all that it’s not just a day -- it’s my whole weekend. I sigh a little bit in resentment at teachers who have longer than three days to prepare their space. Sigh, then get back to work.

12. Jenny Said on:

Hey! I’m a lurker since I searched for July 4th Seward photos on flickr. I really enjoy your blog and I’m wishing you the best of luck on the upcoming school year!

Dang Lauren, did you take a nap after typing that list? I would have…half way thru the typing & then again at the end.

Woo hoo for you! YOU ARE A POWERHOUSE!!

14. Mark Said on:

Sixty items (sixty-one if you count adding a dummy item) to do over the weekend and you accomplished 22 (23). You’re ALREADY ahead of the game. Good job, sis!

15. deanne Said on:

making progress!

I think you should look for a new chair at IKEA. Road trip!
    (Never mind about the other things on the list)

You go girl!! We’re here, cheering you on!

18. Mark Said on:

Save this list and share it with the school board!

19. rachel Said on:

I just looked up robot in the dictionary…..and there was a picture of Lauren making acccident tags. You’re an inspiration! You deserve something new, and shiny, and round. maybe a little sparkly.