Liquid baloney for cats

Liquid baloney for cats

August 20, 2009

Cricket, Phennig

I was going to call this ‘Liquid Cat Baloney’, but that sounded too disturbing.

The cats have been eating canned cat food for a while now, and I’m down to buying the cheapest stuff they make. I buy the pâté version because if I get the stuff that looks more like meat in gravy, Skinny (a.k.a. Pfennig) just licks off the gravy and goes back to her freezer.

She's slept here since being banned for the closet incident.  She's free to go now but chooses to stay.

So, I buy the giant cans of Special Kitty. The beef kind is stinky and I’m trying not to buy the tuna kind because apparently we’re killing them off. Instead, I bought the kind that they make by scraping out all the different flavors from the machinery at the cat food factory.
Super Supper Dinner – because we’re not really sure what’s in it!”

meat by-product, fish, poultry by-products, chicken, and some rats

Um….. beef and tuna.

14 Responses to “Liquid baloney for cats”

1. Amy Said on:

ewwwww

2. Keren Lowell Said on:

OK. This is totally unrelated. But I think I almost wept when I saw the Tag Cloud. Where did this come from?

I think “meat by-products” simply means “hot dogs”.

4. Rae Said on:

I have to admit -- I feel sorry for your cats. Although, having said that, I love the fact that you can buy the cheap stuff. I have to buy prescription stuff from the vet. 🙁 The last time I stopped to get a case, the assistant said, “Let’s see, Tess likes Science Diet chicken flavor CD.” I replied, “I don’t thinks she necessarily likes it, but yes, that is what I feed her.” Please, I don’t buy this stuff cuz the cat likes it!

5. Curt Said on:

Have you tried the “Super Supper Dinner”? Maybe it tastes alright…..maybe it needs catsup (is that the right spelling) or BBQ sauce. Maybe fry it up in a pan like spam. Mmmmm……spam. I like spam. Fried spam tastes a little like sausage and bacon. Mmmmm…..bacon. I like bacon. Maybe you should feed your cats bacon.

6. Lauren's mom Said on:

Remember Ginger sleeping on top of the old TV set because it was warm up there? Pfennig on the freezer reminded me of that. She looks old and tired and cold. 🙁 Maybe you should get her a couple of cans of Fancy Feast.

Hehe…’by scraping the machinery’…HA!

Bologna…yep, that looks a bit more appetizing & expensive. Only the finest Bologna for my cats!

Folic acid? That’s what pregnant moms eat.

9. Mom Said on:

She looks better than our old Momma cat. Ours is starting to ignor the hamburger or eat small portions. She hasn’t started falling over again though. Just dull hair (Maybe it is gray) and getting skinnier. She can still jump on the counter if she wants to though. Have a good weekend.

10. Annette Said on: