Another cop-out

August 28, 2009

They can't all be winners.

I know, I know. These posts are not good. Give me a little time, people, and posting will get back to normal. Until then, check this out. It brings me great joy to see people be so creative with duct tape and such. Go, America!

Stuck for a comment? Tell us of a terrible fix you’ve made. I think you’ve seen most of mine.

9 Responses to “Another cop-out”

I was out of eggs once and thought I could substitute cooking oil. It doesn’t work. Instead of cookies, I got stained-glass windows. They were actually translucent. It was weird.

Due to bad weather, rainy, humid, yucky weather, my hair was crazy when I got married. When I got the pictures, I tried to fix the apearance of my hair by using a permanent marker. Yup, I have magic marker hair in my professional wedding album.

That is hilarious!! It takes me back to ‘applying’ permanent lipstick and eyeliner to my dolls (permanent and ball point pens). Thanks for the giggle.

3. Lauren's mom Said on:

Sorry for butting into your website so often…

My current fix:
    We have been watering 6 or 7 grapevines all summer. Last week, just as the Himrod and the Reliance grapes were ripening, Dad went out and discovered that the raccoons had eaten all of them! We have tried numerous ways to stop the raccoons. This week I put balloons into the other grapevines. Maybe they will think they are other animals… or maybe they will pop the balloons and it will scare them off!

4. Lauren Said on:

You’re not butting in -- you’re commenting, and I love that.

Did you draw faces on the balloons? 🙂

5. Rachel in Cali Said on:

accessories made of duct tape were a hot trendy item out here in L.A. a couple years back. they didn’t last long ’cause they melt in hot weather. a duct tape wallet inside a duct tape purse on the arm of a teenager at an outside concert in August. eewwwwww.

6. Rachel in Cali Said on:

I’ve never badly fixed anything around the house (that’s Phil’s job and he pretty much gets it right each time) but I have “fixed” clothing. stapling the hem of my pants is a big favorite. and magic marker on scuffs on black shoes. and clear tape holding peeling sandal liners.

7. Curt Said on:

I used twine string to keep the muffler from falling off my car.