A Post in 4 Parts (part 2)

A Post in 4 Parts (part 2)

September 1, 2009

Lloyd, School

So that was last year. Here’s a photo of my room a week before school started this year.

goodnight room

Kicked out. It made sense; they wanted me to have more time to do computery things, so I wouldn’t be teaching middle school math. But it was hard to pack up 8 years of stuff. Sorting through it was sad, and I took a couple of big boxes home for the next time I get to have a middle school classroom. Lauren said she almost cried when I started singing (this is not an atypical reaction to my singing).

Then, as if to add insult to injury, when I asked where I should go, they hadn’t really given that any thought.

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

8 Responses to “A Post in 4 Parts (part 2)”

I’m sorry for your loss.

2. Keren Lowell Said on:

It’s typical of bastards that they don’t know where they came from or what they are going to do next.

3. Lauren Said on:

To be fair to Lloyd’s singing, I’ve been an emotional mess for a few months now.

Oh, who are we kidding? It’s the singing.

So. Did “they” stack all your stuff on those tables, and just let you discover it one day? Because that…that…flames…flames on the side of my face…breathing…breath…

• Brad Said on:

Haha! Clue! I love that movie!

“I told you I didn’t do it.”

No, that was me trying to sort things out in some fashion. One thing that made it a lot less painful was that, when Doug came around to paint this Summer, he didn’t just paint around the things on my walls. He took everything down (even the Christmas lights). There must have been 50 nails and screws in the wall (he saved them all).

Anyway, it didn’t look like my room then, so it was easier to get in the right frame of mind for moving.

Is that an old film reel that I detect?

Whadda ‘ya know? When I got kicked out, I said the same exact thing, “Where should I go?”

So really, no more teaching math? That just doesn’t add up.