A post in 4 parts

A post in 4 parts

September 1, 2009

Lloyd, School

I didn’t take any pictures at the start of school this year, so these pictures are from last year. I thought about trying to stitch them into one of those 3D flash fly-around panoramas. But then I remembered that I was tired.

To the East

To the South

To the West

To the North

Now, obviously this isn’t the end of the story, but no fair guessing where it’s going (at least not out loud). Some of you probably even knows how this turns out. Instead, you can tell me how great my classroom is (maybe just what you like most about it, since there’s so much to love). Or, you could mention some other cool things from classrooms past. Or, maybe give a toast to the ghost of classrooms future.

About Lloyd

Lloyd Sommerer is a middle/high school teacher who likes to build websites, read books, grow beards, make fun of Lauren’s prototypes and eat the sauce of the picante.

13 Responses to “A post in 4 parts”

1. Lauren Said on:

I love the wooden ‘podium’ at the front because that was our extra kitchen counter space in Maryland.

Nice foreshadowing. Aren’t you a computer geek?

I love the Proverbs quote.

At first, I missed the “from last year” part. I thought to myself: “How is this obviously not the end of the story?”

I felt like I did when I studied poetry in high school and was so frustrated that the teacher was saying that what a poet was really saying was such-and-so, and I didn’t see it. How is a poem about a wheelbarrow a metaphor for life?

• Deborah Said on:

Is that the poem with the white chickens in the red wheelbarrow? Am I the chicken or the wheelbarrow? Is this going to be on the test?

• Deanne Said on:

I completely missed the “from last year” part, but I really should have been tipped off by the winter jackets. duhhhh

You have a Narnia lamppost in your classroom? Where is the secret wardrobe? Is that what the next posts [get it -- posts] will be?

We Must have shown The Chronicles of Narnia last year. Last year is such a blur. I remember setting the lamp up in the Gym, next to the projector screens, and I guess I moved it to my room after that.

It didn’t stay in the room for too long.

I like how there’s no work on the boards for the students to have to do. Excellent!!!

7. Lauren's mom Said on:

Your classroom looks great, Lloyd. I especially like the fact that I have seen it in person!