Just like Lloyd

September 23, 2009

They can't all be winners.

I was incredibly tired at school yesterday. Not normal-tired, but ‘if I close my eyes I’m going to fall asleep’ tired. It gave me a glimpse into what it must be like to be Brad. 🙂

Anyway, I got home, made a passable supper, cleaned up the kitchen, then fell asleep on the couch to a terrible movie with Nicholas Cage and the oldest daughter from Seventh Heaven. Halfway through the movie we gave up and just went upstairs to bed. It was awesome! Asleep at 7:00? Lloyd does this once a week, and I am totally on board with that! (Although, I didn’t get a regular post written.)

Anyone know the name of that movie?

14 Responses to “Just like Lloyd”

I don’t know the name, but I love Nicholas Cage. I don’t know why. I also love Sean Connery. But I can explain that one. Not Nicholas Cage though. I just don’t know why.

I know why you like Nicolas Cage: because you don’t watch movies. Those of us who watch movies know that he has been in exactly three good* movies: Raising Arizona, The Rock and Con Air.

The Rock doesn’t really count, because it is really a Sean Connery movie in which Cage makes an extended and largely unwelcome cameo.

Con Air is a good movie in much the same way one might consider Snakes on a Plane a good movie.

*I’m using this phrase loosely

2. Curt Said on:

I would make a guess, but I don’t know what Seventh Heaven is.

I cheated and looked it up. Is the movie Next? I’ve never seen it.

But I too like Nicholas Cage, even though I agree, most of his movies are just ‘eh’. Maybe it’s because he has a ‘boy next door’ charm.

The new actor I really like is Gerard Butler. I think he’s a good actor. He can do drama, comedy, and spartan.

Sheesh! I haven’t had a chance to comment all day!

But now I’m tired. I think I’ll take a nap.

5. Charles Said on:

What are you guys talking about?! Nicolas Cage’s “best-ever” movie is positively “Guarding Tess” -- have y’all not seen it?!!!

Better than Fast Times at Ridgemount High? Actually, the one I think he does his best acting in is It Could Happen to You.

• Christina Said on:

You must have a VERY loose interpretation of acting….he is possibly the worst actor ever. The only movie he was in that was worth watching was National Treasure and it would have been a million times better with someone like Matthew McConaughey or even Sean Connery as the lead actor.

6. Charles Said on:

BTW -- how do I change my avitar? or whatever you “geeks” call it?? A green hexagon just doesn’t cut it -- at least a bottle of scotch would be more accurate.