When?

When?

October 6, 2009

They can't all be winners.

I’m tired and this is lame. I was going to do a ‘when do you turn on your heat?’ post, but it appears I’ve already done that. *sigh* Is this what I have to look forward to? Anyway, I was going to ask when is the ‘right’ temperature to turn the furnace on, and apparently my magic number is an inside high of 63. We hit 65 today, so we’re good.

How about a different topic? I made one hundred pancakes today. Am I lying or telling the truth? Answer, then tell your own Lie or Truth!

24 Responses to “When?”

We turned our heat on this past Saturday. The inside temp was about 67, and I didn’t want it to drop any lower. I’d say it’s because we have little kids, but really it’s because I don’t like it colder than that. And if we let it get much colder, the furnace has to work harder to get it up. So, on it went.

True. You did make a hundred pancakes.

T/F I’ll be wearing a Steelers shirt and jeans to teach today.

When it’s cold, I sit in front of a space heater. I don’t have a thermometer in my house, so I don’t know how cold it is. My thermostat is analog, so it’s not good for reading the temperature. I probably won’t turn on the boiler until November. It’s expensive.

I ran my air conditioner last night.

3. Brady G. Said on:

in the summer, we tried to keep the temp between 76-78, not sure about the winter, perhaps down to 68?

I have a college hat from every state.

We try to wait until October to turn the furnace on. Let me just say that it was FREEZING in the house. I know, I know, just turn it on. Can’t do it. We did turn on our Sunheat heater. Ahhh, that’s where I hung out for those two days.

I can recite the 50 states in alphabetical order.

Oh, I’d say Lauren’s statement is True. Brad, False. Brady, False. Beth, True.

I begrudgingly turn the heat on when the icicles hanging from my family’s eyes are longer than 2 inches.

I can write backwards, upside down, & upside down and backwards.

Lauren: True
    Beth: True
    Brad: False
    Brady: True
    Kristi: True

Lauren, you shouldn’t have told us that ‘you’d already done that post’. We would never have remembered. And when I click the link, I don’t go anywhere…is it me?

Heat? Are you kidding? We have the windows open still.

I’ve been on 4 continents and I’m adding a 5th this month.

9. Curt Said on:

I leave my furnace on all year round.

Lauren: true
    Beth: true
    Brad: false
    Brady: true
    Kristi: true
    Peggy: true
    Deanne: true

Ha! We know you’re a liar, Cold Boy.

Lauren -- false. It was 91 pancakes.
      Beth -- True, but unbelievable.
      Brad -- True, but I’m waffling.
      Brady -- False, but you’re pining for your last hat.
      Kristi -- True, and I bet it is musical.
      Peggy -- True, but I challenge thee to backwards in cursive, with your non-dominant hand!
      Deanne -- False. Only God can add continents.
      Quiana -- True. I believe that your window is open. 🙂

10. Quiana Said on:

Heat is for wussies. My roommate flipped out and turned it on yesterday, but I still keep my vent sealed and bedroom window open.

So will everyone announce if their statement was T or F?

Mine was T. And I can write backwards in cursive with my non-dominant hand…I’m somewhat ambidextrous.

Mine is true. It gets really stuffy in my bedroom. Tonight it’s cool enough that just a fan will be enough.

13. Keren Lowell Said on:

I turn the heat up to 63 when water freezes outside, or the thermostat reads 59 inside, whichever comes first.

14. Brady G. Said on:

mine is so true (they are all in boxes under the bed and in the closet -- Lark doesn’t want them on shelves in the house). Started it back when I was in high school and finished it about two years ago.