Sesame Street is 40!

Sesame Street is 40!

November 9, 2009

Lloyd

That picture is some dude reading the paper outside a coffee place. Look closely at his newspaper and you’ll see Big Bird on the cover. You’ve probably noticed Google’s celebration of this momentous occasion.

Von! Von search engine! Ah-ah-ah-ah!

Anyway, do you know who turns 40 in 40 days?

Lloyd.

That means he has 39 days to hold on to his youth before middle age smacks him in the face like an offended old lady. Let’s wish him 39 good things today! I’ll start:

1. I wish that your monitor will magically fix itself.
2. I wish that only good television will come on when you’re watching.
3. I wish you’d put your dishes in the dishwasher. Wait, that’s not nice…..

Your turn.

31 Responses to “Sesame Street is 40!”

4. I wish that all your Bad Movie Night (TM) movies would indeed be bad.
    5. I wish that all Moscow Mules would be served in complimentary copper cups.
    6. I wish that all the snow in your driveway this winter will magically shovel itself.

7. I wish that you don’t have to get a haircut all year.
    8. I wish that you never run out of levels to play on your computer game.
    9. I wish that Lauren will not accidentally burn your house down this winter with a prototype heater.

10. I wish that your office had windows. (Closet-office, not computer.)
    11. I wish that you get 40 ties for your 40th birthday.
    12. I wish that you’d win Settlers of Catan every time.

Those are fine wishes Kristi, fine wishes. Except for #12. I have it on good authority that Beth will only play with me if I win no more than 19% of the time.

10. I wish that there will be a whole box of brand new authentic Hawaiian shirts at the next auction you go to.
    11. I wish that you get a buy on your taxes this year.
    12. I wish that your work closet stays free of spiders & mice.

16. I wish all your wintry winds are called Mariah.

17. I wish you a warm nose this winter.
    18. I wish you an abundance of weird popsicle flavors.
    19. I wish you no camel-back crickets

7. Lauren's mom Said on:

21. I wish you 39 days of no leaves in the yard.
    22. I wish for you a ham that would last for 39 days. 🙂
    23. I wish for you to have a warm and cozy house for the next 39 days…

24. I wish you’ll never have to change your wipers again.
    25. I wish you could be the Cardinals’ mascot-for-a-day on your birthday.
    26. I wish your green pens would never leak again.

27. I wish if you ever find a Genie Bottle…Barbara Eden smokes out rather than Robin Williams.
    28. I wish that all the ingredients in your dinners are the correct ratio.
    29. I wish that you never feel older than you do right now.
    30. I wish that you win in fantasy football.

31. I wish that for an entire meal I could just sit and eat in peace without waiting on a child…oh wait…we’re wishing things for Lloyd…

Never mind.

31. I wish that you have a whole month without any dip in the resale value of your house.
    32. I wish that you have a gin and tonic in prefect ratio.
    33. I wish that Lauren would get you two new kitties for your birthday.
    34. I wish for naps whenever you want them, wherever you want them.

12. Lauren Said on:

35. I wish that you will get a weekend not spent at school fixing computers.
    36. I wish pray that you don’t hit any deer traveling to or from work.
    37. I wish you’d get a haircut.
    38. I wish you’d get a haircut.
    39. I wish you’d get a haircut.

Thanks, everybody!

Gee, I was going to wish for some new cleavage for you, but I guess everybody else used up the wishes… Too bad, Lloyd! 😉

14. Lloyd's Mom Said on:

I wish you just 40 curls until you get your hair cut. I wish you 40 more wonderful years. Oops it was to stop at 39. Oh, well I just can’t count.

#40. I wish you many happy returns.

(what does that mean, anyway?)